Chapter Six

The day the test results came I was a nervous wreck. I just stared at the envelope. I couldn't open it until Shouto came home from training. Unfortunately that meant father would be home as well. The wait was killing me so I decided to head to the gym in our basement to pass the time.

I was in the middle of a set when my brother walks in. He helps me put the bar back on the rack and gives me a hug. I return it it quickly. He knows when I'm a nervous mess and he always knows how to help. He is not normally an affectionate person but I'm one of the few who gets that part of him.

"Thanks, Sho" I say as we part "I'm all sweaty tho, sorry"

He shrugs "it's fine. Go take a shower and we will look at the results." He says as we head back up stairs.

"Ok. I'll be quick" I yell out running to my bathroom. I quickly shower, get dressed, and walk back into my room. Our rooms are identical as we each have our own attached bathrooms. He's already sitting on the bed waiting for me, letter in his hand.

I sit down in front of him, he hands me the letter. I open it with shaky hands. The chip falls to the mattress and turns on. The projection flickers and All-Might appears between us.

"Woah it's All-Might!!" I happily exclaim. Shouto nods, smiling as well.

"(Y/N) Todoroki!" All-Might says in his loud voice. "Congratulations! You placed 3rd in the written test and 2nd in the practical exam with 60 points and 15 rescue points! We look forward to seeing what kind of hero you turn out to be. We couldn't be more proud. You will be attending class 1A along side your brother, Shouto Todoroki. See you then, young (Y/N)!" And with that the clip turns off. We are silent for a moment still looking at the device. We finally look up at each other, smiles plastered on both of our faces. We embrace each other in a joyful hug.

"Oh my god! I can't believe it!"

"You did so good! I'm so proud of you!"

Fuyumi comes through the door at the sound of our screams. One look and she knows. She runs up to join in on the embrace as I tell her the results.

"See I knew you could do it! How did I get such talented siblings. I couldn't be more happy for y'all!" She cries. Wiping tears from her eyes. Looking ever bit of the mother figure she is. "Those villains don't know what's coming for them!"

The sound of a deep throat clearing draws our attention the my room entrance. There stands the giant man we call father, taking up every square inch of my door space.

"I see you passed with decent scores." He says. "Not the best but they are close enough to your brothers scores. I am a man of my word so I will allow you to attend. They are strict and will boot anyone who is not good enough so don't expect an extended stay." With that he walks away.

"Asshole." Fuyumi mumbles then looks at us staring at her. "Oops. Though it's true"

"Definitely is but atleast I get to go so who cares! Soon I'll be out of this house and away from him." I respond. His words have less affect every time he opens his mouth. Years of being degraded and beat on by him has made me pretty thick skinned. Atleast things are going according to plan.

"Now we need to go get y'all uniforms and school supplies. School starts in a few weeks. No time to waste." Fuyumi says excitedly. Anything to be able to go shopping, I mentally roll my eyes. I already know how Shouto is going to respond.

"I would rather just order everything online." Comes the expected monotone response. He really detests being around people.

"I'll shop for you, Sho. I need to get out of the house anyway." I respond which makes Fuyumi beam with excitement. She practically drags me from my room towards her car. We shout an "I love you" to Shouto and leave the house before he even gets to respond.