Author's Note

Hey y'all. 

I just wanna say a couple things. 

First of all, I haven't abandoned this story. I've been in a bit of a creative slump. All creators go through it. I promise I haven't given up on this story. Believe me, it's been hard to look at this story and try to think about what happens next. I had this story all planned out in my head, and I guess I just took in a different direction than what I wanted to. I promise to show y'all the letter May was going to write, possibly in the epilogue or another author's note when I get the chance. 

Also, second thing, I kinda lost the motivation to write in general. I mean, don't get me wrong. I love writing and sharing my writing, but when you have online classes back to back everyday, you kinda lose motivation to do everything. Even getting out of the bed in the morning is difficult for me now. Even now, in this difficult time, I find the little moments to just enjoy stuff. Whether it's finishing an embroidery project, or watering plants, I find the time to just enjoy the little things I have been gifted. Autistic burnout has been pretty real for me. Some days I just want to curl up in bed and cry until my throat is raw and my shoulders shake. 

A couple things have gotten me through this time, especially the times where I wanted to end my own life as a result of the crippling pain and anxiety I experienced. The Office has gotten me through this time, and so has Rammstein. A few other shows have gotten me through my dark place, like Bob's Burgers and South Park. (The Simpsons have too) 

But I just want everyone to know this one thing. Check in with people. Please. Especially family or friends who are having a hard time right now. I also want everyone to know to please feel free to message me if you want to talk about anything. Anything. If you need me to support you, I'm there. If you just want to say hi and chat, I'm there. 

I'm here for you all. 

-Kenya 

XOXO 💕