Chapter forty eight: till we meet again

Start from the beginning

     Draco's breath got caught in his throat as he saw dark red blood drained on her clothes.

      He didn't think it would be this bad. He thought when Nott said she had been hurt, that it was small, no big deal. He was wrong. He was really wrong.

      Macy looked up to him with sad big eyes. She slowly got up, knowing that he would want to take her spot.

      He dropped by Ophelia's side and cupped her cheek with his hand "Who did this to you?" His voice was laced with panic and worry. "W-What happened?"

      She gave him a small, sad smile "A-Avery," she choked out, causing her to get red in the face "B-But then a w-wall..." her voice was low and raspy.

       His heart felt as if someone ripped it out of his chest. He knew her time was almost up.

     He looked into Ophelia's eyes as he choked back the strong emotions, coming up from his throat. Tears inking into his eyes. "No," he muttered, as his heartbeat pounded loudly in his chest "No, not yet."

     "D-Draco," she rasped out. "I'm so s-sorry." her cheeks looked colorless. "Y-You don't deserve t-this."

      He shook his head and stroked her cheek with his thumb "Don't say that," he choked out "You still have time." it felt like he couldn't breath "There has to be something we can do," he rambled, looking back at the standing group.

      "We asked already," Lillian mumbled as her bottom lip quivered "She lost too much blood, they said there wasn't anything to help, no potion or anything..." she couldn't finish the sentence.

      Draco's head was spinning, it was all happening too soon. He wasn't ready to let her go.

       He wasn't ready.

     No because it couldn't be happening. Because just an hour ago she was fine. He couldn't wrap his head around how his Ophelia could possibly die. She was his everything.

     She made him feel happy. Loved. Cared for. Whole. Complete. Filled.

     She was his home.

    "There has to be something," he looked back at Ophelia "Don't worry, it will be okay," he gave her a weak, sad smile "We'll be alright love,"

      She gave him a smile, her teeth barely showing "No, it h-hurts," her voice was barely above a whisper "I can't stay." she coughed and her breathing became heavy. "I-I don't want to." She shook her head "It hurts t-to much, I'm so f-fucking tired, of all of t-this,"

      A sob came from the back of Draco throat, because he knew what she meant. She wasn't tired of being hurt or the fact she could die. She was tired of being broken. She had lived her life with smiles plastered on her face but that doesn't mean she was always truly happy. She was tired of her life. She was tired of living. Though just because Ophelia was ready to give up, doesn't mean that Draco was ready.

"You can't leave," he struggled to find the words "You can't leave me Ophelia, I-I can't think of what I would do without you, I-"

     "Shhhh," Ophelia whispered "You'll b-be okay." her eyelids were struggling to keep open. "Draco," she murmured. "Hold m-my h-hand, please."

      He looked at her as the tears poured out of his eyes, he grasped her right hand. She weakly gave it a reassuring squeeze.

      "je t'aime," she choked out. "jusqu'à ce que nous nous revoyions..."

     Though her voice was weak, Draco knew what she had said. They were two phrases she had told him a dozen times before; 'I love you, till we meet again.' he had recognized the French words as soon as they left her pale looking lips.

     Draco's body went weak as he watched Ophelia close her eyes.

     Then her body went still.

     A sob left Macys mouth as she realized what had just happened. Lillian clinged onto Macys body as she too began to cry. They had known Ophelia since they first boarded the Hogwarts express when they were 11. Woodlock had always been there for them.

When Lillian's parents went through a divorce in year 1, when Macy got called harsh names for being muggle born, the time in year 4 when Lillian's date ditched her at the Yule Ball, When Macy had her heartbroken and rejected last year. She was always there for them. But now she wouldn't be.

      She was gone.

     "No," Draco looked at Ophelia. "No, stop." he said to her "You can't do this to me," he shook her body, like he was trying to wake her up "Ophelia no,"

     He felt his body start to shake and crumble "I love you, wake up." his voice was low, almost too quiet to hear.

     Malfoy flinched as he felt a hand on his shoulder. He snapped his head around to see Luna. She knelt down next to Ophelia's lifeless body.

      "She's in a better place now," she told Draco, who had streams of water running out of his eyes "We should let her rest." Luna said as she looked back at the group standing.

      Lovegood stood up and nodded her head towards the others, they slowly walked away, leaving Draco alone with his Hufflepuff Princess.

     He wanted to scream.

     They had been through everything with each other. Kissing and dancing in the rain, listening to her music with her walkman, sitting by the lake, the fights they had, him not being able to sleep at night because all he could ever think about how much he loved her.

      That night in the Room of Requirement, reading Hamlet together, her being kidnapped and locked in his basement... all of it just ran through his mind like a movie.

      He looked down at her. Something caught his eye. The gold necklace he had given her back in 5th year. He gently pressed his hand against her heart, where the charm was resting.

     He yelled out in pain as he realized there was no beat, no sound. Nothing.

      She was really gone.

      Draco sniffed and wiped his tears away. He moved his hand away and cupped her face. He bent over and pressed a kiss on her forehead.

      "je t'aime," he told her "jusqu'à ce que nous nous revoyions."

~
GUYS IM SO SORRY-

there are two "chapters" left...i might post them today idk-

-
French lines:
I love you (je t'aime)
Till we meet again (jusqu'à ce que nous nous revoyions)