I need a favour

After I'm finish getting water and wiping my mouth on the sleeve of my shirt from all the water on my face, my phone rings.

Taking it out of my pocket, it's a unknown number. Leaving it for the voicemail to pick up, I start walking back to class.

But my phone rings again and it's the same number. Once again I leave it to my voicemail and continue walking in the direction of my class.

Oh for bloody heck it rings again, this time I pick it up.

"What?" I mutter out.

"Hello sweetie, how are you?"

I freeze where I am. How did he get this number, why is he calling me, why all of a sudden he wants to talk to me, why did I even pick up the phone. I should've just shut it off. Stupid, stupid Kristen, your such an idiot.

"How did you get this number?"

"The phone book, where else. I couldn't find your phone number anywhere, then I decided to check the most obvious place."

"Why are you calling me?"

"What? Am I not aloud to talk to my daughter?"

"No! Not after what you did!"

"Oh come one honey, it was for your greater good. And you know that."

"Oh I do? Because I don't remember it that way." I grit out, fury rushing in my veins.

What gives him the odyssey to call me and act as if nothing happened. I never gave him permission, Declan sure as hell didn't.

"Well maybe you hit your head or something."

"What do you want, Roger?"

"Ouch, can't even call your father dad, such a shame."

"I would call you that if you earned the title."

"Well give me the chance and I will."

"No. Now what do you want?" I was about to hang up if he wasn't going to answer the dam question.

"I need a favour." Is all he says.

"No."

"You haven't even heard what I need. How can you decide if you want to help me or not, without even knowing what it is?!"

"Ya well how can you decide to abuse your kids, as well as not take care of them, starve them to death every night because they were waiting for you to get home, so that their father could cook them dinner. How could you leave before we wake up every morning and be back by the time we're already asleep, and if we did wake up before you left, you were already drunk. Or when you came home before our bedtimes, you were drunk.

How could you live with your own children being afraid of you everyday of their childhood years. You were supposed to love and to cherish us, but when one huge ass bump in the road comes, you don't even try to move again. When mom died, you went with her."

"Don't bring your mother into this!" He yelled through the phone.

"Why not?! When she died, you decided that we didn't matter anymore! You know how many times I would be sitting at the kitchen table trying to do my homework, even though I needed a more mature brain who already knew this stuff to help me? Well guess what, that was supposed to be you, but instead every time you got home, I would hurry to pack everything up, so that I wouldn't have to come into contact with you,

It's too late now to start asking for favours, I don't want you to call me or even try to contact me, or even Chance. I don't want to see you are hear ever again. You can go die in hell."

"I'm sorry."

"It's too late for that."

"I'm sorry." He repeated.

"Don't say it like you actually mean it, I might actually believe you."

With that I hang up the phone. I can't believe I just said all that.

That's was years and years and years of worked up emotions towards that spawn of satin and when he called, it just came out.

Funny thing is, I don't regret anything that I said.

I put on a fake smile and turn around, but it instantly dropped when I see Logan leaning on the lockers.

I put the smile back on before he catches it and ask, "How long were you standing there?"

"Since the second ring." I simply says.

My smile dropped again, and this time I didn't try to stop it.

"The whole time?" He nods, "And you heard everything?" He nods again.

"Is it true?"

"What?" I snapped. Mad that he intruder on a highly private conversation. He had no right.

Even if I was standing in the middle of the hallway, he still had no right to not make his presence known. This was my private life he just invaded. And this conversation wasn't even about lucky charms or what's at the end of your roll. It's was about my father.

"Is it true your father abused you and Chance?"

"That is none of your business. You had no right to listen to my private conversation!" I snapped again, very angry.

"If your father abused you, then he can go to jail. You know that right?"

"I know but there's no proof and it's been months since I seen the guy, that's the first I've heard from him in that time. But that still don't give you the right to ease drop on such a private matter!"

"Kristen, What don't you understand? I would've listened to whatever you were saying, wether it was about what hole a tampon goes in or the weather outside! I still would've listened!"

I giggled a bit at the tampon but quickly composed myself.

"Still, you had no right."

He sighed, "I'm sorry, your right, I shouldn't have listened."

"Thank you."

"But is it true."

"No."He did, but I'm not about to tell him that.

I can tell he doesn't believe me, but he nods anyway, and next thing I know, we're back in class with Logan kicking my chair.

I'm going to have to get used to that.

——

I just realized, I changed her brothers name 😂 it's been a while since I first uploaded the first chapter.

So his name is Chance, but I forgot so I thought it was Declan, lmao.

Question:

Would you prefer his name to be Chance, or Declan.

Vote, comment and show your friends