Betrayed

Chapter 18

Two girls danced in the snow. Best friends and sisters they were. Inseparable. They told each other everything. That's till they grew up. Things were a little different instead of being truthful and honest, they each held a dark secrets of their own. One was a lover and pregnant with a child of the night. The other jealousy and longing. They still talked but not as much. Though the one with child wished different. She missed her best friend but her best friend had changed completely. She started to hang out with the wrong crowd. As soon as it was confirmed that her friend was more into her new lifestyle , she cut off all communication. So she left her home town, she's only return to visit family. Life was great for her that's until she decided to visit her family as soon as her baby was born. That was the biggest mistake of her life. Little did she know that someone spread the rumor that she was a witch. Her village didn't take witches lightly.

The moment she came into town everyone avoided her. Which was strange everyone loved her. Even her family acted strange. She thought nothing of it they did everything they usually did but it was night time when she went to bed. She didn't know why it she had a gut feeling something was wrong. In the middle of the night her and her new born child were dragged from bed. She screamed for the people to release her. Some where amongst the crowd she heard her baby's cry. She continued to beg them to release her child. Then she heard a word she didn't think she'd ever hear "witch". She then realized they thought she was a witch. She looked around frantically for help. Once she spotted her family the did nothing but stare. Her attention was back to her child as she heard his cries grow louder.

"What are they doing to my baby?! "She screamed. The crowd parted. They brought her forward. They threw move chunks of wood into the growing bonfire. She stared in horror as they yelled" send the demon baby back to hell!" She screamed as they threw her helpless baby into the fire. His cries louder than before then all was silent but her screaming and sobbing. She had to watch her own child burn to death.

That went everything went down hill. They hoisted her up and tied her up to tall fine pieces of lumber. She once again begged for them to release her but her cries of help did nothing. She watched as her family came forth and shouted with the crowd, calling her a witch. Their faces were masked with pure hate and disgust. She began to scream as each person from her family brought forth a flaming torch and lit the hay beneath her on fire.

I woke up crying and screaming. Well it all came out as a whisper. I felt so groggy. Why? I lay still trying to remember. I was at the winter ball, I walked around as talked, I sang, I drank to much punch and then I went to the bathroom and and.... That's all I can remember. Wait! Something stung me in the neck. That must mean that I was kidnapped. Who did this?

The sound of a door being unlocked made my whole body stiffen. I closed my eyes and tried to pretend that I was asleep. The swung open then I heard feet walk over to something on the other side of the room. I could feel my heart rate escalate. My palms became sweaty.

" I know you're awake so you stop pretending," a familiar voice spoke from beside me. I gasped as my eyes snapped open wide. I looked up to see xena. I looked at her confused. I didn't hear her walk over here and what is she doing here?" It's about damn time you woke up."

"W-why am I here?"

" Do you remember me?" She said taking a sip of red liquid.

" Yes from your masters party," I said scooting away from her.

" No no no. I mean from the past," she said sitting down on a chair she put beside my bed.

" I don't understand," I said completely confused.

" Typical (sigh)," she said downing her drink then setting down her glass. She stood up and lifted the sleeve of her dress." Remember this?"

I looked down at her arm. It looked familiar.

"You got that from falling out a tree when we were six," the words just flew from my mouth. I looked at her in shock and surprise. She just smirked at me." H-how did I know that?"

" Your memory is finally coming back," she said standing up." This is great!"

" This is confusing. Why am I here? Why was I kidnaped?"

" We have such sweet plans for you my dear."

"I'm not following. Who is we? Why am I here? " I looked up at her becoming irritated.

" What's my name?"

" It's xena," I answered confidently.

"Wrong!" She yelled. My head whipped to the side. I looked at her with hurt eyes." What is my name?!"

" I d-don't know."

" YES YOU FUCKING DO! NOW SAY IT."

"I-," she smacked me so hard my head whipped back and hit the headboard. I was dazed for a moment. When my vision stopped spinning I looked up to see her holding a knife.

" What. Is. My. Name?"

" I don't know it I swear!"

" Wrong answer E!" She brought the knife down and stabbed me in the leg.

IT'S EMILY!"I screamed just as she twisted the blade."Please, take me to Jax."

" It's always about Jax isn't it. He's the one who changed you. We had a great life and then it was all ruined. You left me and I had nobody. I felt so alone. But that was until I found someone new and he opened my eyes to a whole new world. And he made me feel wanted again and not so much alone. It was nice. I fell in love with him but then he went off on a business trip and when he came back he talked about a woman that captured his heart. I thought maybe he was talking about me. I was hoping but as he described the woman. I knew then that I already knew who he was talking about and it was you. You seemed to be taking everything from me so I got my revenge when you came home for a visit."

"What?" Suddenly I felt scared and on the verge of tears.

" Like you don't know. Oh right, ya don't. Let me tell you a little secret of mine," she whispered in my ear." I'm the one who told the whole village that you were a witch and that baby needed to sent back to hell." I looked at her in horror. I shook my head in disbelief. Not my friend. I felt so betrayed right now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

I hope that wasn't too confusing! More will be explained in the next chapter. This chapter was SO hard to write. I have rewritten it so many times I've lost count Dx but I hope it was good! I wanna say before I forget that there will be 2 more chapters and then the book is done BUT I'm thinking of making a sequel :D lol my twin thinks I should :3

Also when this is done I want to know which story you guys want me to update cause I'm not sure whisk to update yet D: blah! Lol

VOTE!!!!!!

COMMENT!!!!!

FAN!!!!!!!!!

SHARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ciao! <3