My new furry friend

Chapter 6

My body was in so much pain. All around me were beeping noises. People were shouting. Where am I? I screamed as someone gently touched my stomach. I could hear someone crying and realize that it was me.

" I'm so sorry," someone whispered. Jax? Luke? Max? I couldn't tell who owned that voice.

I tried to speak I did. I wasn't able to even move. I feel so cold. I screamed yet again as hands started to touch me. The voices and noises started to become low. I faintly heard the words " we're losing her! We're losing her!" I was sucked into blackness. My last thoughts were that I'm finally dying.

My eyes popped open. The sun blinded me with its glorious light. I sat up and looked around. How did I get here? Is this heaven? A slight breeze ruffled my hair. I don't feel cold but warm. I tend and spin around smiling.

" Alexandria!" Someone yelled behind me. I turn around and gasp. It's not possible. Well of course it is you're freaking dead. Tears well up and spill over.

" Momma?" I whispered softly.

I haven't seen her in years. She still looks as beautiful as I remember. I watch her as she walks down the hill to me. Is this really happening? Am I truly seeing my mother? It must be if she's standing in front of me smiling. I reach up and softly stroke her cheek. She's really here.

" Momma!" I yelled hugging her tight. I couldn't hold back the river of tears that flowed down my face." It's really you."

" Of course it is sweetie," she said kissing the top of my head.

" I've missed you so much mommy!"

"As I have missed you too."

" Please come back to me," I familiar voice said sounding rather sad?

Who is that?

" Dear as much as I am happy to see you it's not your time to be here."

" What do you mean it's not my time? Of course it is. This is where I belong," I said confused by her words.

She just smiled and hugged me.

" I can't go back mama. I won't, I hate it there! I have no purpose there."

" My darling that is where you are wrong. You do have a purpose there."

" What mom? What purpose?!" I yelled at her. I bit my lip. I shouldn't yell at her." I'm sorry mama."

" It's alright Alexandria. And to answer your question is in time you will find out. I can't give away your purpose. You alone have figure out that one purpose," she said smiling." Now come on it time to go back."

I don't understand. I don't want to back to t-that monster! My eyes once again water up. I shook my head.

" Mama please. I don't want to leave you again. I'm so lost without you mama," I said through my river of tears.

" You will see me again baby girl. When it is your time to come here you will see me again. Just remember ill always be with you in here," she said pointing to my heart." I love you Alexandria. Never forget."

" I love you too mommy."

" Goodbye my little princess."

" Mama no!" I screamed. Everything around me faded and I was once again forced into darkness.

I felt something furry by my hand. what is that? My eyes slowly fluttered open. I could hear beeping noises all around me. The light above me blinded me. It took awhile for my eyes to focus. I looked down to see a black and white cat. So it was a cat. I lifted my hand as best as possible and petted the furry creature. It responded by purring and leaning into my hand. I slowly smiled.

A noise toy left caught my attention. I looked over to see a door being opened. And guess who walked out..... My master. I watched him with careful eyes. I felt the cat stand up and hiss at him. Concern was deep in his eyes. I didn't care I feared him. As he neared the bed those beeping noises went wild. He looked up at me surprised.

"Alex," he said softly. He's never talked to me like so. Am I dreaming? I shook my head when his hand stretched out towards me. He looked hurt but it could be my imagination. He whispered " I'm sorry" and just left. Just like that. I laid my head back , stuck in my thoughts fur god knows how long. My heart flutters or him yet i hate him. i want him near though i fear him. Where are the others?

As soon as I heard a door being opened the machines went wild. I looked up fearing he'd come back. I sighed in relief when I saw it was just Max. He smiled wide and came over to my side faster than you could say perry winkle. I blinked in surprise. Damn I must be really slow today.

" I'm SO happy to see you awake! We've been worried sick about you. We weren't sure if you were going to make it," he said trying to not shed any tears.

" What happened?" I said. Well tried to. My throat felt weird.

" Well after you blacked out we took you to a family doctor. Then there was the blood transfusions, the IV, the breathing tube, the scare of my life cause we lost you three times and the list just goes on. But all that matters is that you okay!"

Holy shot three times?! What the hell. How long have I been out?

" Max. How long have I been asleep?"

"(Sigh) Do you really want to know?" He asked, hoping I'd say no.

" Considering I died three times, yes, yes I'd like to know how long I've been asleep."

" ( takes in a deep breath) You've been asleep for a thousand years.... ," he said with a straight face.

" WHAT?!" I yelled as best I could but it came out as a whisper. That's impossible.

Oh my god! I almost had a heart attack just now. But still a month is still long.

" I'm just kidding! You've been out for like a month," he said smirking.

" Ugh ya know if I could slap you right now, I SO would!" I said." How long is my voice going to sound like this?"

It's irritating to have my voice so low.

" Doc said a couple of days."

" When can I get out?"

" Doc said today BUT you must take it easy."

I was about to say something when the cat on my lap meowed. I smiles and rubbed him behind the ears. I gasped when I realized he only had one eye. The poor thing. I wonder what his name is.

" Max do you know this cats name?"

" Yes I do. It's midnight," he said smiling but that smile never reached his eyes. " The woman who owned him found him skinny, bleeding, and on the door step of death but she some how brought him back to life. You would always see midnight with her. He became very fond of her. Protecting her when ever possible. But uh after she past away he didn't let anyone near him. Sure he's eat the food and drink the water we gave him but that was it. Though he seems to have a liking to you."

" I'm glad. I love cats. And I could use a furry friend," I said petting him gently.

" Well sit tight I'm going to go and get you a change of cloths then sign you discharge papers," he said standing up. He kissed my forehead before leaving. " See you in a bit."

I vow right now that I'll just do my job and not speak to anyone. Thank you mom for throwing me back into hell. I sigh and go back to petting midnight. Ill talk to you though midnight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Jssbsbsjd it took awhile to think of a cat and a name. But I'm happy with my choices :3 also I know that right now not a lot is happening BUT something soon will happen ;D so hope you ready for surprises :)

VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FAN!!!!!!!

SHARE!!!!!!!!!!!

Ciao! <3