Hospital/Letter

Chapter 11

I felt as though I was floating in mid air. I open my eyes to see that I'm in my room. The one I lived in at my old house before I was forced to live with my slutty aunt. Why am I here? How did I get here? I slowly turn in a circle. Did I die truly this time? I hope so. I hop off my bed and walk to my door. Nothing has changed in here at all. I smile at all the memories this room holds. A smell pulls my curiosity to the door. Is someone baking? I open my door and I am engulfed in a wonderful smell. I know that smell. I walk down hall and down the beautiful flight of stairs. Is it possible? I run to the kitchen and stop in the door way. My smile widens. It is them!

" Mama? Papa?" I said trying not to cry. They both turn to me. My papa smiles but my mother frowns. He walks around the counter to give me a hug. I haven't seen him in years. He died when I was eight. It crushed my heart and world. I got teased a little about it. People said " look there's the girl who lost both her dads" or " look guys it's the girl who's fathers hates her so much one left and the other killed himself". Their words hurt deep. But I ignored them as much as possible. You see my biological father left my mother when she was just four months pregnant with me. But soon after she met my step father and fell madly in love then eventually got married. He's been my father figure. I couldn't be have asked for a better papa.

" What are you doing here young lady?" My mother scolded." Did I not tell you that your time isn't with us but with him?"

" I hate him. All he does is sleep around. He pays no mind to me unless I'm on the brink of death. What guy does that? Apparently him. Plus he's freaking bipolar! I never know when he's going to blow up. I can't take him anymore,"

I huffed.

" Sweetheart, give him some slack. He's been through a lot. He's had a cold heart for some time and hasn't felt a single emotion for years. But once you entered his life that completely changed, though he doesn't quite know how to control his emotions he's trying his best," my mother said pulling out a tray of freshly baked cinnamon rolls."

Just give him a chance. You'll see that he has a soft side."

I laughed at her words. She's kidding right. I knew she wasn't with the face she just gave me. I sat down on a stood. Why me? Why has my fate been twisted with his? What is to happen if i go back? Will things change? How do I get closer to him? How do I show him that he can tell me anything is on his mind? How much can my heart, mind, body and soul take? So many questions but no answers. I look up at my parents as they take more bake goods from the multiple ovens in the kitchen. We've never had the many before. Where did these come from? Well this is heaven, anything can happen. I got up and walked over to the counter and grabbed a cinnamon bun. I took a bite of it and melted. So good. Just as remember. I sad sigh slips past my lips. I look up to see my parents looking at me.

" I have to go back, don't I?" I said swallowing my last bite of my sweet treat.

" I'm sorry sweetie but you do," my mother said setting down the cupcake she was frosting."It's for the best."

I feel like such a baby right now. Big tears roll down my face. But I don't want to leave them so soon. I wish I could stay here. But apparently my fate and duty is to be with Jax. My mother walked around to me with her own tears in her eyes. When she hugged me I lost it. I sobbed on her shoulder. I felt my papa come over and gently rub my back. I'm so lucky to not only talk and see my mom but to held in her eyes and feel like a little girl again. I'm not

Sure how long we stood there as I sobbed but I knew I was running out of time. I sighed and whipped my tears as I stepped back. I tried my hardest not to cry again. My papa looked at me and smiled. He walked to me and hugged me. I could feel him shaking trying not to cry himself. He softly whispered in my ear" I love you babygirl, be strong." I couldn't help the fresh batch of tears that fell down my face.