Chapter eighteen

Evie laid her head back hesitantly against the black leather chair, letting the rest of her body follow and relax as much as it could. She sighed and looked to Argo for guidance.

Argo smiled reassuringly at her and squeezed her right hand gently. "I will leave now. Krow will be with you, she will help you. You are doing right, Evie. Our people appreciate this."

Evie nodded and produced a small smile of her own, though she didn't mean it. In reality she wanted to jump up off the chair and run screaming until she reached Ryker's arms. But the black leather restraints were keeping her firmly in place. She was afraid that what she was doing wasn't the right thing. It just didn't feel natural to her, none of this did.

The door quickly opened and a tall lady with long raven black hair and blue eyes waltzed in. Because she was wearing a white doctors coat, Evie assumed she was some sort of doctor, which made her a little more at ease. The woman didn't say anything to Evie, she went straight towards the computer in the corner of the room and began to type with incredible speed.

"Nothing was explained to me, I was hoping that maybe you could help clear up a few things." Evie asked politely while watching the woman carefully. Evie still didn't completely trust her.

"I will inject you with something i call PS46, just above your collarbone. It will take several minutes for this medicine to travel throughout your body. Once the medicine reaches your veins it will travel to your heart, then your brain. Once this is done, we will perform a few tests to ensure that the medicine has in fact worked." The woman explained this with a cold and indifferent tone, without looking at Evie.

The woman called Krow reminded Evie of one of her teachers, indifferent and bored. Like they've been waiting for something to happen for years and are disappointed because it hasn't happened yet. Evie studied her, watched her every movement. There was something that stood out about her, something that was different from all the other CuCuy's she had seen. But Evie couldn't quite figure it out.

'I am coming for you, Love. When i find you i am never letting you go. I understand now why doing this would have seemed like a good idea. You must trust me, Evie. You are new to this world, you are new to everything here and you do not know what these creatures are capable of. Let me help you. I love you Evie Mae Walker and i'm not giving you up that easily.'

Evie felt burning hot tears run down her cheeks one after another. She never imagined she would or could be loved before, she always had Ryker, but he was in her dreams and she never envisioned actually meeting him. Krow turned towards her suddenly and her face softened once she saw Evie's tear-stricken face.

"The son erkek is upset..." Krow whispered to herself. She left the computer still running and hesitantly neared Evie. "Why? You will be great," she spoke with a knowing smile. "You will rule over millions and you will give us the glory we deserve. You are what we have yearned for for centuries and now you have finally returned to us."

Hearing this only made Evie's sobs and cries grow louder. Her body began to shake and tremble with each cry that passed her lips. She tried desperately to free herself from the leather restraints that held her in place, the very things that kept her from running. "P-please...I'm sorry, I made a mistake. I'm not the one your looking for, i can't do this. Please..."

Krow's features hardened and somehow her eyes grew darker. "Pathetic." She spat while turning quickly back to the computer to finish her work. "Waste." She muttered. "Hopefully this transformation will fix all of your weak human emotions. Our leader cannot be weak."

'Hold on, Evie. I'm coming for you darlin'. I won't let them have you.'

Ryker's voice broke through Evie's loud sobs and soothed her slightly. But the imminent danger of the transformation still had her squirming to escape. 'Hurry.' Was all she could think to say to him in that moment.

Krow stepped near Evie again, this time her presence held more darkness. From the corner of her eye, Evie could see the clear syringe that Krow held in her left hand.

"You must stay still son erkek, this will only take but a moment and then you will be in your rightful place once more- ruling over us, where you belong." Krow smiled with excitement at the future Evie could bring to them.

'I love you, Ryker. No matter what happens, just know that i love you and I always will. Please don't give up on me.'

**********

The screeching sound of the alarms echoed throughout the now vacant dirt covered halls. Ives sprinted down the halls, blindly following the directions Ryker was yelling to him.

'Down to the left, past the children's section, to the right, third door on the left. Hurry, Evie is in pain.'

Ives finally reached the black metal door Ryker was kept behind. With all of the strength and force Ives could muster up, he lifted his right leg, leaned back slightly and kicked forward with the weight of his whole body following quickly behind. The metal door caved in on itself and suddenly a wave of deafening screams and pleas came pouring through the now open doorway.

Ives shuddered but smirked as he watched Ryker tear limbs off of bodies and break necks with his bare hands. The room possessed a type of thicker air, more dense and more uncomfortable. This wasn't the first time Ives had felt this magnitude of power, he was just relieved to know Ryker was using that energy to push him forward and get his Sani back.

Ryker stepped out of the room slowly, the cries and pleas had now ceased into eternal silence. Ives backed away from the doorway to allow Ryker his space.

"It started..." His voice was defeated as he hung his head. "The transformation...we were too late." Blood stained Ryker's face and hands, but it wasn't his own. He lost count of how many men he killed after the first ten.

Chalmers appeared beside Ives, out of breath and unusually pale. "No, its not too late. I found the medic unit and got information out of her." His eyes focused on Ryker now. "My lord, the transformation can be reversed. But the process is complicated, there is a chance that it would kill Evie rather than save her."

Ryker let out a growl and held onto the doorframe, allowing his nails to dig into the rotting wood. "She's in pain, whatever we do we need to do it fast." He seethed. "What do i need to do?"

Chalmers almost felt sympathetic for Ryker, another part of him felt envious as he began to explain in detail exactly what Ryker needed to do in order to reverse the transformation. It wouldn't be easy, that was for sure. To say Ryker was apprehensive was an extreme understatement