xxviii.

"Why are we here again?" Cassiopeia asks as she looks around Diagon Alley, trying to figure out why the boys and Lily had come knocking at her door early in the day, dragging her out of the Castle through secret passages

"Because we're bored of the same scenery so why not come hang out here for the day. It'll make a change for once." Peter answers her and she shakes her head.

"This is a bad idea. I have a feeling something bad will happen." Cassiopeia says honestly and James shakes his head.

"Nothing bad will happen. Don't worry." James waves her off and she huffs, moving closer to Sirius for the feeling of safety he always gives her.

"First order of business. Buying chocolate!" Remus says excitedly before rushing towards the Candy Shop, making his friends follow him in amusement.  They walk into the store, a very little amount of clients, unlike the first of September. The boys leaves the two girls, making stacks of candy for their room.

"There's no way we won't get caught for this." Cassiopeia whispers to Lily, who shrugs with a sigh.

"We most definitely are. You think the title of Headgirl will work to get us out of trouble?" Lily asks teasingly, making Cassiopeia snicker. "I'm still trying to understand how James became Headboy. I'm pretty sure he spends more time in detention than in class."

"Well, whoever knows what goes through Dumbledore's head. I'm guessing the war is clouding his judgment." Cassiopeia says teasingly and Lily snorts.

"That sounds like a possibility. This whole war thing is getting out of hand. It's kind of scary." Lily admits and Cassiopeia smiles weakly at her best friend. "You still want to join the Order?"

"More than anything. I want to make him proud and bring justice to all those that suffered at the hands of those monsters." Cassiopeia says firmly, making Lily nod in understanding.

"Have you told Sirius about... your parents? I mean, your real parents." Lily asks and she shakes her head in denial.

"Not yet. I just don't know how I'd even start explaining it." Cassiopeia admits as she looks at where the boys are. "He knows that I have adoptive... I mean had adoptive parents."

"You should tell him one day." Lily muses and Cassiopeia nods. They watch as James starts arguing with Sirius, making the two girls sigh. "I'll handle it. I'll be right back."

"Yup. Good luck." Cassiopeia chuckles as Lily walks up to the boys. From the corner of her eye, Cassiopeia notices someone familiar outside the shop and she glances at her friends one last time, before going out and looking around for the person. She sighs as she realises she won't find the person again, she turns around to go back, only to bump into someone. She looks up and her eyes widen as she realises she's faced with Narcissa Malfoy and Lucius Malfoy.

"Watch where you're going." Lucius snarls, making her shrink back in slight fear. They were purebloods, but more specifically, followers of the Dark Lord, death eaters.

"You're Cassiopeia right? Sirius' girlfriend?" Narcissa asks, making Cassiopeia look at her with wide eyes. Narcissa snickers, shaking her head. "So it's true, Sirius really has stooped as low as someone like you. I always thought he had better taste in woman. I guess I was wrong. Shame your father married a muggle, he would have made a great ally. Well, he had it coming."

"Leave her alone, Narcissa." The three turn to see Sirius look at his cousin angrily, his jaw clenched.

"Sirius. We were just getting to know your girlfriend. Poor thing, doesn't realise the moment you find better, you'll drop her. Anyway, see you around cousin." Narcissa chuckles, before she leaves with Lucius. Sirius walks up to Cassiopeia and pulls her in a hug.

"Don't listen to what she's saying. She is only trying to get under your skin." Sirius says softly, pulling away and taking her cheeks between his hands to make her look up at him. "There is no one better than you."

"That's not true." Cassiopeia says weakly and Sirius' heart drops, as he realises that Narcissa's words had affected her. "I'm pretty sure there are so many better girls than me at Hogwarts."

"Don't. Don't even start. You're worth more than any of them." Sirius says, making her shake her head and push his hands away, backing away from him.

"I think... I'm going back to Hogwarts." She says, before turning around and she's about to leave, but he takes her wrist and pulls her back.

"Cassie, please don't let Narcissa get to you." He says and she looks down, not daring to look up at him. He sighs and let's go of her wrist. "Can you at least wait and we all go back together? I don't want you to get hurt or lost on the way."

"Okay." She breaths out and he nods for her to go ahead. Silently they walk back to the Candy Shop and as they enter, their friends look up at them. The tension doesn't go unnoticed, making the four start worrying. Lily makes her way towards Cassiopeia, walking passed Sirius, who makes his way to the boys.

"Are you okay? What's going?" Lily asks in worry and Cassiopeia just shakes her head. Lily looks up towards Sirius and gives him a questioningly look.