xiii.

"I feel like it's been forever since we spend time together alone

"I feel like it's been forever since we spend time together alone." Marlene hums as she lays across Cassiopeia's lap, the two girls in Cassiopeia's room.

"Well, we've been busy I suppose." Cassiopeia says as she braids a few strands of Marlene's blonde locks. "You and Dorcas have been spending a lot more time together lately. When are you asking her out?"

"I don't know. I'm scared that once we're together she won't want me anymore. Sounds stupid right?" Marlene asks and Cassiopeia snickers, a soft smile playing on her lips.

"Kind of. But it's okay. And anyway. Why would she stop liking you? That's like impossible." Cassiopeia muses and Marlene chuckles softly.

"I think I'm going to ask her to the Winter Ball." Marlene admits making the dark haired girl smile happily as she finishes the small braid.

"That's a great idea! Do you know how you'll do it? Or when you'll do it?" Cassiopeia asks excitedly.

"I'll do it when it's just us two again. I won't make a big deal out of it, I want it to be small and sweet. You know? Merlin's beard, it sounds like I'm going to propose." Marlene groans and Cassiopeia giggles softly.

"I think it's cute. I'm happy that you've found someone who makes you happy." She hums softly, making Marlene snort and smirk at her.

"You're one to talk. What's going on between you and Sirius?" She asks and Cassiopeia blushes, shaking her head.

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing. He's just a friend." Cassiopeia says, as she looks up outside to see the full moon rising above the mountains.

"Yeah, just a friend. He flirts with you constantly! Oh, look there is my sunshine. She is so cute. She is adorable. Good morning darling." Marlene says mockingly, trying to impersonate Sirius and Cassiopeia snickers as she shakes her head.

"Stop. He's just being nice." Cassiopeia says, getting flustered as she looks back down at Marlene.

"Extremely nice. Where is he or the other three anyway?" She asks and Cassiopeia shrugs.

"You're asking as if I know where Sirius is at all times." Cassiopeia huffs and Marlene smirks, winking at the flustered Ravenclaw. "Probably up to no good, can't fully bet on them being asleep already."

"Is it might already? Times goes by pretty fast." Marlene hums in agreement as she turns to look out the window. "I'm bored. Is this what our lives have come to? Depending on four idiotic boys for entertainment?"

"I guess." Cassiopeia giggles and leans back against the wall. "Remember when we first met?"

"Oh! It was right after the sorting ceremony. You were sitting at the far end of the Ravenclaw table, near the doors of the Great Hall. You were all alone, you were bloody shy even then. But when I walked past you, I felt bad for you and decided to talk to you." Marlene hums fondly at the memory and Cassiopeia blushes slightly.

"Yeah and then we became friends, introduced me to Lily, Dorcas and Mary when they became your roommates. Seven years of friendship. Wonder why you suddenly dragged me to meet the boys, I mean I'm not complaining, just wondering." Cassiopeia muses and Marlene shrugs.

"Lily and James started dating. It just seemed right, you know. Also, I kinda thought you and Remus could be a great couple. But I was wrong you and Sirius is it." Marlene says honestly and Cassiopeia hits her playfully.

"Stop! Sirius and I are just friends. Same for Remus. Why would you even think Remus and I would make a great couple?" Cassiopeia asks in amusement and Marlene shrugs innocently.

"I don't know. He's the least energetic of the four, but still has a fun side. So I thought it would be a perfect match. But I was wrong. You and Sirius are it!" Marlene says firmly, making Cassiopeia blush as she looks up.

"No way. He'd never even want to be with me, anyway. I don't even understand why he wants to be friends with me." Cassiopeia admits, causing Marlene to sit up, startling Cassiopeia slightly.

"Because you're an amazing person, you're beautiful, kind, talented and caring. What's there not to want as friend or more even. And you can't change my mind. I truly believe he likes you as more than just a friend." Marlene says firmly, making her huff and shake her head.

"Sure. Whatever you say."