bonus chapter

He let out a deep breath as he finally reaches the other side of the veil

He let out a deep breath as he finally reaches the other side of the veil. It hadn't been long since he'd been facing Bellatrix, not long since he last saw Harry or his best friend, Remus. Yet, to him it felt like an eternity, it was like time had slowed down. And although, he had just left his Godson behind, he felt at peace, knowing Remus was by his side. Also, Harry had surrounded himself of friends who'd help him no matter what and he knew that the boy would make it through this.

He glances around, taking time to figure where he was and what was going on. There wasn't much, correction, there was nothing. Everything was simply white and a soft fog covered the floor, but never rises above his knees. Sirius felt a little lost, uncertain where to go or what to do from this point on.

"In need of a tour guide?" The voice familiar, it was the voice of someone he hadn't seen in years and as he turned around, he felt his breath get caught at the back of his throat. Sirius was baffled at the sight of him. "Surprised we're in the same place? What did you think only you'd make it into heaven?"

"No, I thought I'd end up in hell." Sirius grins, before rushing to his brother. Pulling the boy into an embrace. He hadn't aged. He still looked young and carefree, like he used to be back when they were in Hogwarts.

"Good to see you, Sirius." Regulus hums, hugging his older brother tightly, as if afraid he'd disappear. "It's weird seeing you so young after watching you age."

"What?" Sirius asks in confusion, as he pulls away from his brother. Regulus chuckles, pulling something out of his pocket and handing it to Sirius.

Sirius glances down to see a small mirror and Regulus had been right. Gone were the lines that marked his age, gone was the fatigue from his eyes, gone was the beard he'd grown during Azkaban. He didn't look any different from how he did back in Hogwarts, back when he had been as young and carefree as Regulus.

"It's kind of weird, but we don't age here. And I guess when you die, you return to a younger age. Of course I've seen a few children who died, they stayed the same age from their death, but that's it." Regulus explains vaguely, as Sirius looks up at him. He didn't care that he was younger, he was only happy to see his brother again. "Enough chit chat. The others are waiting for us."

"The others?" Sirius asks, making Regulus snort and shake his head at him.

"I know you were always slow to realise, but did you get slower with age. Follow me." Regulus hums, leading the way. Sirius glances one last time at the reflection of the mirror, before following him. He was having a hard time processing things, but he also felt overjoyed.

He wasn't sure for how long they walked, but suddenly they were surrounded by people. All of them were young, like Regulus had mentioned, children running and playing, while others talked and laughed. Everyone seemed at peace, happy, without a care.

"None of these people are muggles. There's probably a separate place for them." Regulus mentions, but Sirius didn't pay much attention as he looked around curiously. "Ah, we're here."

"Wher-" Sirius cuts himself off as he notices the group of people in front of them, the once's facing him glance up and the others turn around.

He immediately recognised them, after all, how could he not. They looked exactly how they did the last time he saw them, not a day older, not that they had lived long enough to age. Seeing them all again, made him feel an overwhelmed amount of emotions.

"You bloody fool! You really had to die so dramatically. Like falling back into a veil! Merlin's beard, be less dramatic." James grins happily, as tears start to burn Sirius' eyes. There was so much he wanted to tell his best friend, but he couldn't find the words.

"It wouldn't be Sirius if he wasn't so dramatic." Lily giggles, a warm smile on her lips as she stands next to James.

"Even in death, he is an absolute drama queen." Marlene snorts, shaking her head at him as she wraps an arm around Dorcas, who grins widely.

"I die and the first thing you have to say to me is I'm dramatic?" Sirius asks rhetorically, his voice barely above a whisper.

"Would you feel better if I said I missed you?" He spins around so fast, he is surprised he didn't twist his body into two. An overwhelming amount of emotions hits him at the sight of her smiling lovingly at him.

"Cassie..." He breaths out and she takes a few strides towards him, before wrapping her arms around him. He hesitates to hold her, afraid that if he holds her, she'll disappear and all of this is a dream.

"Is it too selfish of me to say I'm glad you're finally here? Shouldn't I wish for you to have died of old age." She whispers so softly and he finally wraps his arms around her, burring his face into her hair.

"I'm so sorry. I should have-" She looks up at him and shakes her head, smile softly at him.

"No. Don't blame yourself. It wasn't your fault. I'm proud of you. You did great. You did your best. And I'm proud of you." She assures him and his unshed tears slowly start flowing down his cheeks, as he leans down and kisses her.

"I missed you so much." He breaths out as he pulls away, resting his forehead against hers. "Merlin, I love you, my sunshine."

"I love you, too." She giggles, feeling her heart burst in joy at hearing him call her by the pet name he used to call her. She pulls away from his embrace and takes his hand. That's what when he notices the other people who had joined, James' parents and another person he didn't recognise. "Sirius, this is my dad."

"This little girl hasn't stopped talking about you the whole time. It's a pleasure finally meeting you." Everet Lovia stretches his hand out and Sirius gladly takes it, smiling at the man.

"The pleasure is mine, sir." Sirius smiles, Cassiopeia moving a little closer to him and resting her head on his shoulder.

"Please. Call me Everet. I can't thank you enough for having taking care of my little girl." Everet beams and Sirius does too.

"Well, now that the introductions are over. Sirius there is so much you have to tell us. I mean, we watched you guys once in a while, when we had nothing else to do, but still so much I need to know." James says excitedly, making everyone look at him and laugh.

Sirius glances down at Cassiopeia and smiles happily. He'd finally been reunited with the love of his life and as she smiles up at him, he knew he had nothing to worry about anymore. Everything would be fine. Surrounded by the people he loved dearly, he couldn't ask for anything more. He laughed at Lily's reaction of Harry's mischief, he'd reassure Cassiopeia that Remus and Nymphadora are fine. Most important he was happy and he was at peace.