xii.

"Okay, Sirius' birthday is coming up

"Okay, Sirius' birthday is coming up. What do we do?" James asks the four people sitting in front of him.

"I'm still trying to figure out why I'm here." Cassiopeia says honestly, sitting between Remus and Lily in the Ravenclaw Common Room. The five receiving questioning looks from passing Ravenclaw students, wondering why there are four Gryffindors.

"Because first of all, we needed access to a place Sirius would never come without reason. Second of all, you're kinda slowly replacing me as his number one best friend, therefore you have to be here." James firmly, making Cassiopeia give him a look.

"I'm not replacing-"

"Don't argue with me, Cassie. I'm right, you're wrong." He says and Cassiopeia glances at Lily for help, who shrugs, unsure what to say or even do.

"I still think we could have gone anywhere and just used the Marauder's Map to see where he is, and avoid him." Remus points out, making Cassiopeia look at him in confusion.

"Remus, we can't all come up with the smartest decisions. This why we need you." James says, as Cassiopeia raises her hand up and he nods at her.

"What's a Marauder's Map?" She asks and he gasps.

"You haven't seen the map? We haven't shown her the map? What kind of heresy is this!" James exclaims, making Lily roll her eyes at him. "Who has the map?"

"I don't." Peter says with a shrug and he quickly turns pale in realisation.

"Sirius has it." Remus breaths out, making James' eyes widen.

"Even planning a simple birthday party you can't do! Merlin's beard, Potter!" Lily groans as Cassiopeia looks at them all in confusion.

"What's so bad about him having the map?" She asks softly as they all stand up.

"The map shows where everyone is. So if he has the map, he's probably looking for us now, since he just finished one of his classes." Remus explains briefly and her eyes widen.

"So, he's coming here?" Cassiopeia asks in panic, making them nod. Lily takes her hand as they rush out of the Common Room. As they step out, they notice Sirius talking to a first year student, making them rush down the hall on their left, hoping they weren't caught. They run passed students who give them strange looks and James glances over his shoulder, to check if Sirius is following them, when he trips and fall. The others don't slow down.

"Shouldnt we wait for him?" Cassiopeia asks, making Lily shake her head.

"To each their own now. If Sirius catches him, then he'll distract and we'll plan." Remus replies, making her snicker slightly. They reach a door and Peter opens it, letting the others get in first, before going in himself and closing it behind him. Peter leans against the door as the others try to catch their breath.

"That was close." Peter breaths out, his eyes wide. "What do we do now?"

"We have to make a plan on how we're going to plan Sirius' surprise birthday party." Remus says and there is a moment of pause, before they all burst into laughter.

"Why is this going wrong already?" Cassiopeia asks as she tries to calm her laughter, but doesn't succeed.

"It's just another day in our lives." Lily giggles and shakes her head. "So, how do we do this?"

"Well, first of all. We need to get the map back." Remus hums as he looks around the room. "James is probably distracting him right now. But the idiot he is, he'll forget to take the map."

"That won't be too hard, we share a room with him." Peter points out and Remus nods in agreement.

"And then from now on, we shall meet up when he has class and we don't. He won't look for us when he's in class." Remus concludes, making them all nod in understanding. "I'll fill James in later."

"Okay, I feel we should have planned that first." Cassiopeia muses and Remus shrugs. Before anyone else can say anything, the door slams opens, making them all scream and hold on to each other, having not expected it.

"Are you guys serious right now?" Sirius asks in amusement, James standing sheepishly behind him. Sirius is holding the map in his hand.

"No, you're Sirius." Cassiopeia blurts out as she lets go of Lily. Sirius' eyes widen in amusement as James snickers and Lily shakes her head disapprovingly.

"She's spending too much time with you." Lily says pointedly and Sirius smirks proudly.

"And I thought we didn't spend enough time together." He muses, making Cassiopeia blush as she looks down. "Anyway, what's up with you all today? Why are you in here?"

"Oh, nothing. We were real estate shopping." Peter says, receiving questioning looks from everyone as he scratches the back of his head. "It sounded smarter in my head."

"How could that sound smart in any possible way?" James asks as he crosses his arms and raises an eyebrow.

"What Peter means is that, we thought we could make this a new hangout spot and we were just trying it out." Cassiopeia says and Remus smirks slightly, glad that at least someone had their senses. "I mean, obviously the Ravenclaw Common Room wasn't working, since everyone was judging these idiots. The same would happen to me in the Gryffindor Commons, so why not here."

"It's a strange choice." Sirius admits, actually believing her and she looks at Lily in shock, who shrugs, just as shocked. "How about outside?"

"We thought of that, but winter. You know, it gets cold." Remus responds, reaching his hand out behind Lily for Cassiopeia to high five and she bites her lip to stop laughing as she does.

"Right. So is this the chosen spot then?" Sirius asks, making the four look at each other for a second, before looking back at him.

"No." They all say at the same time and Sirius is amused by this.

"Can I join your search then?" He asks them and Remus takes a deep breath.

"Sure. Now that you're here with the map, it'll be a lot easier to find something." Remus muses and Sirius grins happily.