xviii.

"So, how does it feel to be nineteen finally?" Lily asks from across Cassiopeia, all five girls sitting around the table at Three Broomsticks

"So, how does it feel to be nineteen finally?" Lily asks from across Cassiopeia, all five girls sitting around the table at Three Broomsticks. Right after their last classes had ended they had gone to Cassiopeia's room to pack a few things for her weekend with Sirius, before making their way to Hogsmeade.

"Nothing unusual, really. Feels the same as being eighteen." Cassiopeia shrugs in amusement, making Lily roll her eyes.

"I still can't believe you're the oldest of us. You've always just been the baby of the group." Dorcas muses and Marlene nods in agreement, as she puts her glass of butterbeer down.

"Right? It's so weird." Marlene giggles softly as she leans back in her chair. "They grow up so fast."

"Oh, hush. You guys make it seem like I'm getting married." Cassiopeia grumbles and Mary smirks.

"Cassiopeia Black. It's fitting if you ask me. And the fact that they're both named after stars, I'd say it's meant to be." Mary muses and Cassiopeia blushes as she playfully glares at her friend.

"Could you guys not?" She asks rhetorically and Mary snickers as she shakes her head.

"You're spending the weekend with him, bloody hell, how can we not tease you about it?" Lily giggles as Cassiopeia blushes even more and looks down. "I'm not ready to be an aunt, I'm just saying."

"Merlin's beard! Lily, no. We're spending the weekend as friends." Cassiopeia points out and Marlene snorts.

"Why yea of course! Who doesn't spend a whole weekend alone with a friend who constantly flirts with you and happens to be your date to the Winter Ball?" Marlene asks sarcastically and Cassiopeia glares at her playfully.

"I think it's extremely romantic as well." Dorcas hums, making the Ravenclaw girl huff.

"Let's talk about something else." Cassiopeia grumbles as her cheeks continue to burn a shade of red.

"Let me give you my gift for you!" Lily exclaims happily as she pulls out something from behind her and hands it to Cassiopeia over the table.

"You didn't have to, Lils." Cassiopeia says and Lily just waves her off, as she opens the birthday gift. Cassiopeia smiles happily as it reveals a novel. "I love it, thank you so much."

"My pleasure." Lily giggles and leans back in her chair happily.

"Now open mine." Mary says excitedly as she hands her the gift box. Cassiopeia takes and opens it, revealing knitted scarf. "You like it?"

"Definitely. It's so cute. Thank you." Cassiopeia beams at her and Dorcas hands her the next gift. Cassiopeia unwraps it and grins happily at the vinyl.

"I thought I'd add to your collection." Dorcas muses and Cassiopeia smiles at her.

"I'll play it as soon as I get back." Cassiopeia giggles excitedly, before Marlene hands her a box. Cassiopeia slowly opens up the lid before slamming it back shut with wide eyes. Marlene snickers as the others look at her in confusion.

"What is it?" Lily asks she reaches out to take the box and look in it, Mary and Dorcas leaning to look. Their eyes widen as well as Lily closes the box. "Merlin's beard, Mar!"

"What? I was going to get her something else, but I thought since she's spending the weekend with Sirius, why not." Marlene snicker as Lily hands Cassiopeia back the box. She glances in again, a blush rising to her cheeks at the sight of the lace and silk.

"Bloody hell, Mar. He's just a friend, for Merlin's sake. And I've never been with a boy in that way." Cassiopeia says shyly and Marlene shrugs.

"There's a first time to everything. And you don't have to do anything this weekend, but you know you could hint towards it." Marlene winks at her and Cassiopeia blushes even more.

"I can't believe you got her, lingerie for her birthday." Dorcas groans, shaking her head disapprovingly at Marlene.

"As if you wouldn't love to see me in something like that." Marlene smirks and Dorcas hits her playfully, a blush rising to her cheeks.

"Okay, you know what. Less boy talk and more talk about the birthday girl. Who will not be making me an aunt this weekend." Lily says sternly and Cassiopeia blushes again, shaking her head.