xxv.

Cassiopeia stands next Andromeda, who is standing next to Ted, who is holding Nymphadora in his arms

Cassiopeia stands next Andromeda, who is standing next to Ted, who is holding Nymphadora in his arms. They were waiting for someone to open the door and Cassiopeia was getting more nervous the more time passed. Even if these weren't Sirius' real parents, they were basically his family and she didn't want to make a bad impression.

"What if we got the wrong place?" Cassiopeia asks in a low whisper, making Andromeda wave her off, just as the door opens to reveal a lady, who smiles happily.

"You must be Andromeda, Edward and Cassiopeia!" The lady exclaims happily, making Cassiopeia smile shyly at her. "And who is this little girl?"

"I'm Nymphadora." She smiles with a wide grin, making the lady gush happily.

"Well, I'm Euphemia. Please come on in." She hums, letting the four walk in.

"Thank you for inviting us, Mrs. Potter. It was very kind of you." Andromeda hums, making Euphemia wave her off.

"Please any family of Sirius, who isn't insane, is a family of us. And please call me Euphemia." She assures Andromeda who chuckles softly. Euphemia turns to look at Cassiopeia, and smiles happily. "Sirius won't shut up about you, dear. He is absolutely smitten. It's quite adorable if you ask me. And reasonable as well, you are absolutely stunning."

"Thank you." Cassiopeia blushes as she looks down with a smile, feeling her heart flutter.

"Have they arrived?" A man walks in, making Euphemia move aside. "Ah! Welcome, please join us in the living room. I'm Fleamont. I hope my wife hasn't scared you too much."

"She has been lovely." Ted assure Fleamont, who chuckles before leading them in the living room.

"Sirius talks about you." Andromeda whispers teasingly to Cassiopeia who blushes furiously. They step into the living room to see James, Sirius, Remus and what Cassiopeia assumes to be Remus' parents.

"Look who is here." Euphemia says excitedly, making the boys look up and grin at the sight of Cassiopeia.

"My sunshine!" Sirius exclaims happily as he jumps to his feet, making her blush and Andromeda raise an eyebrow in amusement. As he walks up to her, Andromeda moves to stand between him and Cassiopeia, causing him to halt in his path.

"Remember me or too busy ruining my innocent little girl?" Andromeda asks teasingly, making Sirius grin happily, before hugging his cousin.

"My favourite cousin." He says, making Andromeda chuckle softly and hug him back. "And I'm not ruining Cassie! I'm showing her life outside of the astronomy tower."

"I know. I know." Andromeda snickers, before pulling away and stepping aside. "I won't get in your way any further."

"Thank you." Sirius smirks, making Cassiopeia blush as Sirius walks up to her, pulling her in a hug.

"Ah, young love, how sweet." Andromeda snickers as she and Ted walk away with the amused parents.

"I missed you, sunshine." Sirius hums, making her giggle as she pulls away a bit and pecks his lip. 

"Don't be sap, it's only been a week." James says teasingly as he pulls Sirius away, who pouts. Remus takes the opportunity to hug the girl, who is extremely amused.

"He's been a little whiney without you. Not too bad. But a little annoying. Well, James is the same with Lily. I think I'm the only sane one." Remus muses, making her giggle as they pull away, turning to face Sirius and James.

"Says the one turning into werewolf once a month." James says teasingly as he takes his turn hugging the petit girl. "But I'm glad us three get to spend Christmas together! We're going to have so much fun."

"Yeah, bet you wish Lily was here too." Sirius says teasingly, making James huff sadly.

"Stop rubbing it in, Padfoot." James grumbles and Sirius snickers.

"I'm sure she misses you, too." Cassiopeia assures James, who smiles at her appreciatively.

"At least someone here is being nice." James says and Sirius smiles softly at her.

"She can't be anything else, but nice." Sirius points out and she blushes softly.

"Kids! Come on. We're going to have lunch." Euphemia shouts from the other room, making James grin excitedly.

"Finally. I am starved." James hums and the other laugh as they follow him to the dinning room. Cassiopeia takes a seat between Remus and Sirius, having Andromeda across her.

"I'm glad we could all join together for Christmas. And add some new members to our forever extending family." Fleamont beams from the end of the table.

"Next Christmas, I'll be married to Lily Evans. So this family is very much still growing." James says determinedly, making Sirius snort and Remus shake his head.

"Determined I see, James. You sure she'll say yes? I've heard about the constant rejection." Ted says teasingly, making James gape as Sirius tries not to laugh and Cassiopeia covers her mouth in amusement.

"Mate, that's a sensitive topic." James says dramatically as he wipes away a fake fear. Everyone laughs, amused by the boy.

"I'm glad we could spend today together." Sirius hums to Cassiopeia, the rest of the table starting a conversation with someone.

"Me too." She smiles up at him and he chuckles, quickly pecking her lips.