xliii.

They're all sitting together in silence, watching the door with anticipation, waiting for their friend to come out

They're all sitting together in silence, watching the door with anticipation, waiting for their friend to come out. They'd been sitting here for what felt like ages, waiting to know something. Sirius was starting to get nervous, making Cassiopeia take his hand and smile at him reassuringly. They were all worried, after all this is the first child of their little family. They wanted everything to be perfect for James and Lily's child.

"How much longer can this go?" Peter asks, making them look at him. Remus shrugs, unable to answer the question and Peter sighs as he leans back in the chair.

"Maybe if we're lucky, James Fleamont Potter is going to barge out that door right now and tell us he has a baby boy." Dorcas shrugs, making Cassiopeia smile at the thought. It just happened, that at that exact moment James barges out the door, they'd been staring at for a while, with the widest grin ever.

"It's a boy!" James exclaims happily, making the other turn to look at Dorcas in shock. James notices it and looks at them in confusion. "What's going on?"

"Nothing. We'll tell you later. Right now, let's just enjoy the fact that there's a mini Prongs." Sirius says happily as he stands up and hugs James, who beams happily. The other also stands up and Remus joins the other two boys, having his turn hugging their best friend.

"Cassie! Come meet your brother!" James says excitedly, making Cassiopeia chuckle softly as she follows him excitedly, the others right behind. As they walk into the room, they see a tired Lily holding a baby. She looks up at their friends and grins.

"Have you told them who the Godparents are?" Lily asks, making them look at James curiously as he grins.

"Right. So, the first two who are allowed to hold my baby boy, are the Godparents." James says cryptically, making Sirius huff and cross his arms.

"Be clear, Potter. I want to know who are the chosen ones. Is it Remus, Peter or-" Lily cuts him off, with a warm smile.

"Sirius, do you want to hold him?" Lily asks and Sirius looks at her with wide eyes, before he grins and nods. Cassiopeia smiles happily for him, as he makes his way to Lily and slowly picks the child up. Cassiopeia's heart swells at the sight of him smiling happily at the baby. "And then you can let Cassie hold him."

"Wait. What?" Cassiopeia snaps her head at Lily, who giggles at the shock on her face. James grins happily and so do the others.

"I'm going to have to change your title from daughter to godmother." James hums and Cassiopeia shakes her head with the widest grin. Sirius smirks at her and slowly makes his way to her, letting her take the boy.

"Okay, finally you told them. It was so hard to not say it." Peter breaths out, making the couple look at him in confusion.

"Wait, this whole time you knew we were going to be Godparents?" Sirius asks the others, who nod.

"We just had to make things more interesting. A little competition doesn't hurt." Remus smirks, making Sirius playfully glare at him.

"I'd hit you right now if it wasn't for the fact that my child is here." Sirius says, making James give him a look.

"Godchild, Sirius." James corrects him, but Sirius shakes his head.

"Honorary child. Shut it, Prongs. Don't try to argue with me about this." Sirius says pointedly and everyone chuckles, while James rolls his eyes with an amused smile.

"What's his name?" Cassiopeia asks the couple, who look at each other with a smile, before looking back at her.

"Harry James Potter." Lily answers, making Cassiopeia smile down at the little.

"I have this feeling little Harry will be getting in just as much trouble as his father." Cassiopeia says and James smirks proudly, while Lily groans at the idea. Marlene walks up to Cassiopeia, silently asking if she can take the baby and Cassiopeia hands him over. Sirius wraps his arms around her from behind and rests his chin on her shoulder.

"Merlin's beard. I hope he doesn't. I wonder how Minerva will handle him, if he does." Lily hums, making Cassiopeia snicker and Remus smirks.

"Probably going to panic the moment she sees his name for the first year letters." Remus says teasingly and they all laugh.

"I have feeling when Cassiopeia becomes a Potions Professor, she'll be doing some serious favouritism." Dorcas says teasingly and Cassiopeia shrugs innocently.

"I could never say no to him. Look at that cute face." Cassiopeia points out and James grins proudly.

"That's my face." James says, making both Sirius and Cassiopeia give him a look.

"I would never wish that upon Harry. If he had your face, he'd be so ugly. Thank goodness for Lily's genes." Cassiopeia says teasingly and James glares at her, as Lily bursts into laughter, while Sirius tries not to laugh.