the perfect gift (Phineas)

It was only a few days until Christmas Eve. I was excited... Really excited. I loved Christmas. Everything about it, lights, decorations, snow, food, gifts. Wait... Gifts. That leads me to my dilemma. What was I going to get Isabella for Christmas? I had been trying to figure it out for weeks. She was the only person I hadn't gotten anything for. I was beginning to panic.

" Phineas?" I heard. I snapped back to the present. Erick had his hand waving in front of my face. I blinked.

" Oh sorry man, what's up?" I said apologetically. He smirked slightly.

" Uh. You zoned out. I was just trying to zone you back in." He said. I snickered. Josh walked in from his break. He nodded at me, before sitting down to do his work. He had been much better lately. He'd been working better, he'd at least been making an effort to be slightly nicer. I still felt a bit uncomfortable around him. But so far I had no grounds to doubt his efforts, especially after what I'd seen in the cafe with Isabella. I'd never told him we'd been there, he just didn't need to know.

I sighed and  forced my gaze back to my work. We were not doing circuit boards today. We were working on a complicated project, involving lots of complex wiring. And I could not focus to save my life, no matter how hard I tried. When the day finally came to leave, Cameron wished us all a merry Christmas and sent us on our way. I exited with Erick. We paused outside, shivering slightly in the cold. He turned to me.

" Well, have a Merry Christmas!" He said cheerfully. I grinned.

" You too. Say hi to Em!" I replied and we parted ways. Josh approached me in his absence. He looked kinda nervous.

" Um. Phineas? I have a question...." He said trailing off. I looked at him expectantly.

" What is it?" I said losing patience. He sighed and ran a hand through his blonde hair, red dusting his cheeks.

" W-well. I like a girl, and I don't know what to get her for Christmas. I was wondering if you had any advice." He said timidly. I stared at him. How could this blushing, timid looking man in front of me, be the same man that played with women and. broke Isabellas heart. But when I thought about his question, I couldn't help it. I started laughing.

" I'm sorry. I'm not laughing at you. I just think it's ironic that you asked me for help when I'm in the same boat as you." I said gaining control. The hurt look on Josh's face slowly softened.

" That is pretty funny." He admitted. Then he frowned

" Well now what. You were my only hope." He said. I hesitated, thinking back to the cafe. The blush on Josh's face when he'd looked at... My eyes widened slightly.. Charlotte!

" Well. I'd say something pretty, or purple. she seems to like that kind of thing." I stated. Josh nodded.

" Yeah she doe... Wait who? Wha? How did you guess?" He spluttered. I smirked.

" Guess what?" I asked innocently.

" That I like Charlotte...wait?" He yelled, turning beet red. I fist pumped.

" Ha knew it!" I said giggling madly. He shot me a glare.

" You tricked me...." He snarled. I shrugged unapologetically. He glared at me

" Don't tell anyone." He said sharply. I put my hands up.

" My lips are sealed " I stated, his shoulders relaxed and he turned to stare at the building we had exited. My hands were turning purple because of the cold.

" Thank you." He mumbled. I stared at him in shock. I cupped my hand over my ear.

" Was that gratitude?" I asked in mock surprise. He glared at me, rolled his eyes. And turned his back to me.