the car (Isabella)

I woke up the next morning in my old room. I laughed quietly. It was kinda weird to be back here. I rolled over and grabbed my phone, which was sitting on the bedside table and read the message waiting for me. I smiled. Finally my car was ready. It had been found and taken into the shop for repairs after the hurricane. I hoped the damage wasn't too bad because I couldn't afford the repairs if it was. I crossed my fingers and forced myself out of bed, wincing as the cold air hit my body.

" Ugh. That has got to be the worst feeling ever, getting out of bed in the cold." I mumbled to myself.

I walked down the stairs and slid into a chair in front of the kitchen counter. There was a not from my mom telling me she was over at the Flynn-Fletchers and that I should join her whenever I woke up. I quickly got ready for the day making sure to pull a baggy sweater on because man it was cold. And headed across the street. I knocked on the door. Linda opened it.

" Isabella dear! Good morning. You know you don't have to knock right? Come on in." She said grinning wildly.

" Hey Mrs Fletcher." I said walking past her. She pointed upstairs.

" Boys are up there. Your mom is in the kitchen with me."  She said leading the way. I followed her to the kitchen first. As I passed the platypus bed they kept in the living room I smiled Perry was fast asleep on his little bed. Lizzy appeared to have fallen off and was shivering on the cold floor. I paused and bent over scooping the platypus into my arms. I gently deposited her next to the sleeping Perry. she cracked her eyes sleepily at me. She lifted her head and glanced at Perry, then back at me. She gave a human like shrug and then closed her eyes, snuggling up against Perry's blue fur and closing her eyes.

" Aww." I cooed quietly snapping a picture to show Phineas later. Then I walked into the kitchen.

" Morning Mija!" My mom said from the table. I walked over and gave her a quick hug.

" Morning momma!" I said laughing. I sat down next to her and stared at the complex crossword puzzle they seemed to be solving

" want to join us?" Linda asked. I quickly shook my head.

" No thanks I'm good. I'm gonna go up with the boys." I stood up and headed towards the door. I paused.

" Oh. Momma can you drive me to the auto repair shop? My car is done." I asked. She rolled her eyes playfully.

" Geez I thought I was done driving you around Isa!" She teased. I giggled.

"Some things never change." I said. She laughed and nodded.

" Of course I can drive you. We can leave after we finish this puzzle." She replied I nodded.

" Thank you momma. Good luck!" I said exiting the room

" Aha! Recuperation! That's the answer for five down!" Was the only reply I got. Grinning to myself. I climbed the stairs and followed the familiar hallway towards the boys room. I knocked gently.

" Come in!" Phineas's muffled voice called. I cracked open the door

" Hey Phineas. Whatcha doin?" I asked walking inside. The boys were sitting the on their beds just like they used to. At the sound of my voice they jumped and quickly stood up.

" Isabella!" Phineas yelled happily running over and giving me a hug. Ferb offered a simple smile.

" Loving the old catch phrase!" Phineas said kissing my forehead. I giggled and sat down on Phineas's bed.

" What brings you here?" Ferb asked. I shrugged.

" Not wanting to do the crossword puzzle downstairs." I suggested.
Ferb snickered.