winter wonderland (Isabella)

I walked out of the cafe I was currently working in and squealed in delight. The ground was covered in an inch of fresh white snow. Fat, fluffy white flakes fell gently from the sky. My breath fogged up the air. I smiled and looked at the sky. I loved the snow.  I stood by the door waiting for phineas to arrive, enjoying the cold. He pulled up a few minutes later and walked up to me with a smile

" Hey aren't you cold?" He asked. I smiled.

" Yes! But that's how you are supposed to feel when your outside in the snow" I replied cheerily. He shook his head, he then held out his arm

" Shall we m'lady?" He asked formerly.  I giggled and took his arm.

" Such a gentleman" he grinned and led the way as we walked down the sidewalk. I glanced at him and he seemed deep in thought. I nudged him gently.

" Hey, what was the weird thing you needed to talk about?" I prompted remembering our phone conversation. He made a face.

" Oh that...." He sighed and then told me about his strange conversation with Josh. When he finished I had so many emotions rush through me at once I didn't know what to feel. We walked in silence for a long time.

" Maybe he really does want to change." I said. Phineas shrugged.

" Who knows. I don't trust him, mostly because of what he did to you." He said scowling. I squeezed his arm slightly tighter.

" I don't either, believe me. He has got a lot of work to do before I can trust him again. And I mean a lot." I said, choosing my next words carefully.

" But, I also think we should give him the benefit of the doubt. Unless he gives us a reason to believe otherwise." I reasoned. Phineas gritted his teeth.

" You are way to nice. All I want to do is deck the guy." He said. I laughed.

" You did that already.." I said. Phineas cracked a smile.

" Your right. I did." He said. We slipped back into the pensive state we were in before. I wasn't sure I believed my own words. I was worried that we would trust Josh and he'd trick us again. The last trick he'd played on me really hadn't ended well. I glanced at Phineas. On second thought, maybe it had. If Josh hadn't tricked me. I never would have gotten with Phineas. A smile crossed my face. Yeah. All that pain from Josh was worth it, because of my Phineas. I glanced up at his face. He looked equal parts, uncertain, murderous and sad. I couldn't stand to see him so upset. I glanced around realising we had entered a park. A plan began forming in my head. I smirked and released my arm from Phineas's. He gave me a confused look, snapping from his thoughts. I reached down quickly and discovered that the snow was wet and easy to pack together. Perfect! I compacted snow into a snow ball. Phineas's eyes widened.

" Isabella. Don't you dare!" He said. I gave him an evil look and threw it directly at him. It hit him in the chest exploding wet snow all over him. The look on his face was priceless. I doubled over laughing, until I felt a snowball hit me in the back. I glared up at a now grinning Phineas.

" Oh it is so on!" I half yelled half giggled, collecting snow and making snowballs as fast as I could. Phineas jumped to the ground doing the same. And what started out as a harmless snowball, turned into an all out war. Snow flying left and right. I was drenched, laughing and loving every second of it.

At one point Phineas walked towards me hand up in surrender. I met him in the middle. He looked down at me seriously.

" Will you accept my surrender?" He I quoted formally. I pretended to think about it,

" Hmmm. No!" I yelled throwing a hidden snowball at him and taking off.

" Why. You!" He yelled and I could hear him run after me. I laughed and ran faster. I knew he'd catch me eventually, but that didn't mean I was gonna make it easy for him, I zigzagged all over the place. After about ten minutes, he grabbed my arm.