Chapter 18

It was the day of our trip. We all were so excited despite another group of students
going to join us. It would be fine as long as 7 of us stayed together. But my whole mood ruined, the moment I got into the bus. Win was behind me and he asked,
“Hey Kai, what happened? Why did you stop?”
“You see that girl who’s sitting on the last row?
“Yes?”
“That’s my older sister” I said, sighing.
“Oh really? But why don’t you like her?”
“You don’t know. She’s so evil. You guys also should be careful”
“Why is that?”
“Because she’s like Sherlock Holmes. She can find anything”
“KAI!” she screamed when she saw me causing all my friends to laugh out loud.
“Shut up” I whispered and turned around. Mr. Klain, Mr. Ray and another teacher I haven’t seen got into the bus. I assumed that must be a teacher from the other school. He looked really young. Just like Mr. Ray.
My sister’s friends passed snacks to us. But Andrew always rejected their
kindness. But when I gave him some from mine, he took them and thanked me.
It took us hours to arrive at the Whispering forest. It didn’t look weird like its name
though. We started making our tents. But suddenly my sister hurt her finger. And the wound started bleeding.

Suddenly Jane said, “Don’t worry. Let me take care of you” We all glared at her
and then only she remembered that she can’t use her powers in front of others.
“What do you mean” my sister asked suspiciously.
“Ah- I meant I’ll treat your wound. I have first aids” Jane quickly covered it with a
lie.
“Oh no, that’s fine. This isn’t a big deal” my sister said.
“If you say so” Jane dropped the topic.
After lunch Mr. Ray gathered us to one place.
“I’ve a mission for you guys”
“I wish this time it won’t be a murder case” Win whispered to my ear. I shushed him.
“This mission is very easy. There are badges in the forest. We hid them. What you guys have to do is find the badges and the meanings behind them. The group which has the most number of badges will be the winner”
We went as two teams. Our super 7 team went to the left side of the forest while the other group went to the right side.
Our team leader was Win. We managed to find few badges here and there.
“There’s one in that branch” Yoon showed me.
“Wait, let me” I jumped few times, trying to get it. Suddenly my knee hit the tree
trunk. I felt a blinding pain. So I crouched down beside the tree. Jane came towards me.
“Kai, let me”
I showed her the wound and she put her hand over it, healing my leg with just one touch.
“Feeling better?” she asked.
“Yes. Thank you!”
“You’re welcome.” She helped me to get up. But suddenly we heard a sound
behind the bush. I felt like someone’s being hiding there. But when our attention went towards the sound that person tried to escape.

“Stop!” I said raising my palm. The time stopped. Everything froze, except for me.
I went towards the bush. I saw a girl behind it but when I looked closely, I
recognized it was my own sister.
Oh crap! Did she see Jane using her powers? This isn’t going to be good with her big mouth
I grabbed her tightly, before snapping my fingers to make everything to normal. As
soon as time started ticking, my sister tried to run away. But she couldn’t as I was
locking her inside my arms.
“What just-”
“Oh Kai, you caught that person? Wait isn’t that your sister?”
“K-Kai? A second ago you we-were near that tree. But how come you’re here
now?” Kin, my sister asked. Her body is still trembling.
“I’m going to let you go, but you’ve to promise me that you’re not going to run
away.” She nodded. I released her.
“Ka-kai I saw that girl healed your wo-wound. Ho-how?” I sighed. Massaging my temple. I decided to tell her.
“That’s because-”
“Kai, are you sure about this?” Tay asked.
“Don’t worry guys. She already found out anyway”
They nodded. So I told her everything about our potentials. She looked so excited.
“So you’re telling me you can control the time? TIME?”
“Shush Kin, your voice is too loud”
“Oh my God! I can’t believe this. My baby brother has powers”
We heard a sound and we turned around, it was Mr. Ray and Mr. Klain.
“Mr. Ray”
“How could you tell anyone about this Kai? I told you not to let anyone know
about this. And it was the first rule I taught you guys” Mr. Ray looked so angry.
“I know Mr. Ray. But it’s not my fault as she found it out herself” I tried to reason out.
“You guys should have been more careful”
“Can I talk with you Kai?” It was Mr. Klain.
“Yes sir” I and Mr. Klain walked a bit away from others.
“Kai-” Before he said anything I started to defend myself.
“Mr. Klain, please it’s not my fault. Also, Kin won’t tell anyone about this.
“I don’t blame you Kai. Mistakes can happen.” I heaved a breath.
“But, we have to erase your sister’s memory”
“WHAT? No no, you can’t do that! Please listen to me. She’s all I have. I can’t let
her forget about me. Please Mr. Klain. I’m begging you” I cried out.
“I know Kai, but-”
“She promised not to tell anyone. Please Mr. Klain, please” I begged repeatedly.
He was silent for a while, thinking. Then he sighed.
“Alright then, But make sure to shut her big mouth. Or else we’ll be in a big
trouble”
“Thank you Mr. Klain. But wait... Is memory erasing your potential?”
He smiled.
“I thought you already figured out”
“So you’re the one who erased Pete and Nom’s memories?” I asked.
“Sometimes kai, sometimes we’ve to take hard decisions. But believe me, I’m
doing everything for you guys. Don’t let your sister spill a word about this. If she does, I can’t guarantee her safety”
Then he went towards the students and said,
“Alright kids, now continue your missions” with that he left with Mr. Ray.

We continued the mission, and it was evening when we came back. So we took our dinner early. We spent the time after the dinner leisurely. Some of us went to sleep some played with their phones. I and Win stayed with Mr. Ray.

He was taking care of the dishes. We helped him a bit. Suddenly a phone rang.
When I checked it was not any of ours.
“Mr. Ray, is this your phone?” I asked.
“Ah! No kai, it’s Mr. Klain’s. Can you two give it to him? I can handle this alone”
“Sure, Mr. Ray”
I and Win went to Mr. Klain’s tent and he was talking to someone.
Win said ‘’excuse us, Mr. Klain can we come in’’
The sound that was coming from the tent suddenly stopped. We could hear a small ‘come in’. We both entered. Mr. Klain cleared his throat.
“Oh Kai, Win! Why are you guys still up?” he asked while trying to smile, he
looked tensed.
“Oh Mr. Klain, you forgot your phone” I gave it to him.
“Oh thank you Kai. You two go to bed now. You guys must be tired” he said.
“Oh okay, we’ll leave now then” Win said and we both left.
“With whom was he talking? I didn’t see anyone else there” Win asked me.
“That’s what I was thinking too” I said.
“Let’s just sleep” We both went to our tent.
I’ve always been a light sleeper. In the middle of the night I suddenly woke up
because of a sound I heard from outside. I soundlessly went out. I saw a well-built man. He was wearing all black. He looked like he was searching for something.
“Hey, who are you?” I called out. He was so startled. I was about to walked
towards him. But suddenly someone grabbed me by my shoulder. It was my turn to get startled. I turns around slowly. There was a man who was covering his head to toe from a bed sheet. I closed my eyes and let out an inhuman scream.
“Kai, calm down. It’s me” I recognized that voice.
“Kao? Why are you hear”
“Oh! I couldn’t sleep. So I came out for a walk”
“A walk? Looking like this?” I looked at him weirdly.
“Yes?”
“Whatever” I suddenly remembered the other person I saw. I turned around. But he wasn’t there.
“Ugh! I missed him”
“Who?”
“There was a man here. I was about to talk to him. But you came” I said.
“A man? Maybe Mr. Ray or Mr. Klain?” Kao said.
“Probably” I sighed, giving up.