Chapter - 19

Anjali and Arnav were waiting for Akash to bring the car when they witnessed their ever so calm and composed brother’s aashique style pose with his Payal.

They both closed NK’s mouth, who joined his brother and sister in witnessing such a romantic scene.

The three of them smirked at each other.

It was time to make Akash blush.

***********

“Kushi”

Dhak dhak dhak dhak

Ignoring her acidity and other symptoms, she continued eating her snack and checking the inventory when her heart beats increased.

Closing her eyes, she braced herself to face the bane of her life.

Keeping her facial expressions as cross as possible, she took hold of the pen and turned towards her chocolate man.

“What do you want?”

Her screech didn't have the desired effect on the required person, instead, he smirked at her flustered form.

“Whenever I come across you, I see you munching on something or the other. Did you open the savories business for selling your goods or for filling you stomach?”

“Dekhiye, you can talk whatever you want but don't ever keep your bad eyes on me eating. Hey Devi Maiyya, I need to demolish such bad eyes. Mr. Raizada, you have such a big company to run, then why do I see you roaming around the canteen instead of roaming all over the world? Is this the way you do business? Keeping buri nazar on other business associates so that they become sick and then you can take over them? Hawww!! So this is how you really do business!!! Oh God!! I need to keep lemon and red chilli so that no bad eyes fall on my business. I need to…”

“Chup!!! Bilkul chup!!!”

Keeping his index finger on her lips was the worst decision. They both were standing so close, lost in each other's eyes.

Arnav slowly traced her upper lip with his finger and before he could move down, Kushi realized their position and moved away quickly.

Disappointed, Arnav composed himself and spoke, “if you have finished building castles in the air, then listen, my business associates liked your food and they would like to have you cater to their offices too. If you are interested, discuss with your family and let me know. We can go through everything with our company lawyer and decide.”

With that, he flicked her red nose and moved away leaving a red Kushi.

Feeling someone tap on her shoulders, Kushi turned angrily thinking it be Arnav.

The stranger in front of her moved a few steps back in fear.

“Whoa whoa!!!"

Frowning at the stranger, Kushi assessed him.

She had seen this man roaming around the office speaking a different language.

Giving a polite smile, she enquired, “how may I help you sir?”

“Hi, mein jawaan hoon iss office mein. (I am new to this office). So, meine mocha ( socha – think), thoda rangeen  (namkheen-snacks) and meetha khaanekeliye. Do you have any sweets and savories?”

Kushi took one look at NK and started giggling. She understood that he is poor in hindi and that's why his Hindi looked like greek and latin for her.