Chapter - 1

Intense chocolate eyes clashed with feisty hazel ones. His eyes slowly moved down to her trembling lips. A different urge, potentially dangerous, was pulling him towards the green bundle of nerves whom he was carrying . The moment lasted hardly for a minute, when they were snapped out of their musings by flashlights.

Realising the situation, he put her down. Aman Mathur, the PA of Arnav Singh Raizada came rushing towards his boss.

With raging eyes, he started giving instructions to his PA while holding the damsel's elbow. Two security guards took Kushi forcibly, away from the stage, while Aman immediately informed the security guards to block all the exits of Sheesh Mahal, the venue where the fashion show was taking place.

Meanwhile, Akash Singh Raizada, cousin brother of Arnav Singh Raizada, took care of the media. He had to somehow stop the live telecast. He knew that AR's reputation was of utmost importance to his Bhai(elder brother).

************

ASR ordered his assistant in a furious voice, "Aman, get me Lavanya, now!"

Lavanya came running immediately towards Arnav and updated him.

"Sir, she is locked in a guest room, would you like to interrogate her or I'll proceed with my team?"

The chief security officer of ASR, Lavanya Kashyap was the only one who could handle any crisis involving ASR.

Waiting for his reply, Lavanya and another security personnel were surprised by ASR's next words.

ASR hissed in a barely controlled temper "no, I want Anjali Di(elder sister) to keep a check on our PR team, keep two guards ready at the room's threshold, I'll interrogate her. How dare she!!! That chit of a girl spoiled my whole show!!! Aman, get Rahul Roy to investigate this privately. Inform Akash to keep the media people at the conference hall, use jammers so that no information goes out through any of the electronic devices. Clear?"

In a chorus, they replied "yes sir!!"
Going towards the stage, Akash took hold of the microphone and gave his statement.

"AR will be conducting another fashion show, the date and venue will be informed later, the inconvenience caused today will be looked into, if you have any queries, you can ask, before that, dinner will be served at the lounge. Please proceed towards the left side of the Mahal, our staff will be more than pleased to help you."

***********

Wiping her tears, Kushi sat near the window and looked at the moon and stars. Today was a special day, but as usual, it got spoiled due to her stupidity.

She shouldn't have come here. But her love for her sister brought her here and...

Before she could continue her musings, the door opened to reveal 2 men in expensive suits followed by 2 bodyguards who stood at the room's threshold.

Not wasting any time, Arnav Singh Raizada and Aman Mathur, his P.A sat in front of Kushi and Aman started  interrogating her.

"Miss, who are you? Who sent you here? What is your name? Are you a model? If yes, then why did you appear in a green outfit when the show's theme was clearly mentioned? You'll not be able to get out of this place unless you answer them. Our team is checking your background while I'm interrogating you here. So better speak the truth."

Kushi sat still and composed herself. This was not the time to fret.

In a firm voice, she answered, "Sir, my name is Kushi Kumari Gupta, I own a confectionery business, at a small scale. By mistake, I landed in your show. I was supposed to meet my would be brother-in-law, but unfortunately, all this mess happened. Please believe me, no one sent me here, you can check with the hotel reception, they sent me here by mistake."