Chapter - 17

“but why Akash, I am an eligible handsome langda(ladka) whom all the lakdiyaan(ladkiyaan) would love to get acquainted.”

Praying for a long lasting patience from the Gods, Akash made NK promise that he wouldn't talk in hindi outside of Shantivan.

*****************

“Jiji, the inventory list needs to be checked, and the workers have already started the cooking, so that should be fine. The list for tomorrow's menu is ready, you please check it once and let me know. And……”

Kushi felt her heart beating erratically. She stopped whatever work she was doing and stood still.

Involuntarily, she kept her hand on her heart and clutched her dress.

Closing her eyes, she could feel a cool breeze.

The dhak dhak was getting stronger day by day, and she could hear some faint piano and violin tunes.

The moment she closed her eyes, she saw a pair of chocolate eyes smiling at her with a twinkle.

Shocked, she opened her eyes and what she saw in front of her made her go berserk.

Standing in front of her, the owner of those chocolate eyes looked at her like she looked at her cookies and other favorite savouries.

Taking her hand away from her heart, she looked at her sister who was talking with Akash sir.

Masking her nervousness and her erratic breathing, she composed herself and gave a fake smile.

“Mr. Raizada, good morning, may I know the reason for your presence here, in canteen?”

The moment he stepped inside his office, he felt his heart beat increase, giving him a strange peace.

He understood that Kushi was near him.

His direction changed automatically towards the spacious canteen, with an involuntary smile on his lips.

If the staff noticed any abrupt change in their boss's demeanour, they were smart enough to mask their surprise and continued with their work.

Looking at a flustered Kushi clutching her heart, he melted.

She looked divine!!

His parched eyes took in her form, like a man quenching his thirst.

Her hazel eyes pulled him and he feared that he would lose control.

Her fake formal tone brought him back to reality, making him smirk.

“Good morning to you too Kushi.”

The way he said her name gave her goose bumps. Frowning, she spoke in a reprimanding tone, “Miss Gupta will be better sir. We are not close acquaintances or family. I guess you tend to forget professional etiquettes.”

The spark in her attracted him and he was ready to burn in it.

“Well, if you are uncomfortable, then I apologise, my mistake, why not form a new relationship so that we need not be formal with each other?”

Her shocked form gave him the boost and he continued, “let's start calling each other with our first name rather than being professional. It's final then, I'll call you Kushi and you can call me by whichever name you like.”

The last sentence, he whispered huskily that sent a shiver. She didn't realize that he had moved a little closer, making it impossible for her to move away.