Chapter - 20

Shaking his head, NK replied with a bounce in his voice, “off course, but that is for others, for me, you are S.S, Sherni Shayari. You look like a Shayari and your naakh is like a Sherni.”

“Excuse me!!!”

What has her nose got to do with a lioness?

“naakh, eyes, you don't know hindi? Chinta mat ghooro (karo) (Don't worry), mein tumhe likhunga Hindi.(I will teach you Hindi).

Praying for patience, Lavanya wondered for how long she has to bear his Hindi torture, not knowing destiny's cruel plan for her.

****************

“Titalya, wash all these plates. Payalia, you take those porcelain cups from the store room, we need at least 14 cups.”

“Hawww !! Buaji!! Shyam sir has such a big family? Wow!! How nice it would be to have such a big family with kids running all over the house!”

Sighing, Kushi started dreaming of a dozen kids running behind her and she playing with them, completely forgetting the work her Buaji had given.

Screwing her ears, Buaji pulled Kushi from her dreamland.

“What will I do with this girl!! Hey sankadevi, stop dreaming and go do your work. I am warning you titalya, don't play any pranks and try to escape from your work. Understood?”

Pouting at her Buaji's warning, Kushi hugged the elderly lady very tightly, “what Buaji, you don't trust your sankadevi? Now see how like a superwoman I complete all these works!!”

Buaji pushed her naughty niece, “hey bagvaan!! This girl will kill me with her hugs. Now go and do your work!!”

Buaji drilled both the girls till she felt that the house looked spotless and perfect.

Tired, both the girls reached Payal's room and fell on the bed.

“Jiji, Buaji is making us work as though we are inviting some groom’s family and not Shyam Bhai. What kind of cleaning is this? See, my poor hands are paining.”

Knowing where all this complaining is going to lead to, Payal swiftly got up and warned her sister.

“Dekho Kushi, I know all your nautanki, I am not going to press your hands or legs, I'll apply some pain reliever for you, that's all I can do, considering the fact that you dumped most of the work on my head!!”

Shocked at her sister's accusations (which were true 😂), Kushi got up swiftly and started throwing the pillows on Payal, completely forgetting that she had been complaining of pain just a few seconds back.

After the pillow fight, Payal pushed Kushi out of her room and freshened up.

While a not so happy Kushi went towards the living room and sat near her father, keeping her head on his shoulders.

Knowing his daughter's antics, Shashi Gupta hid his smile and continued watching the news.

After few minutes, Kushi, who couldn't keep quiet for more than few seconds, looked at her father and asked, “Babuji, who are all there in Shyam sir's family?”

He answered cautiously, “Shyam bitwa’s wife has three brothers, her maternal grandmother, and Mami Mama. Totally, there will be 8 guests.”

She looked at her father suspiciously and asked the most inevitable question, “and what is his wife's name?”

Not knowing how to reply, Shashi Gupta felt relieved on receiving a call on time from his friend.