Chapter - 24

Making sure that her partner left home safely, she reached the hall only to get shocked.

Akash and Payal stood in the centre, glaring at their respective family members while the elders looked everywhere but the said couple.

Hey Devi Maiyya, I am so finished!!!

***************

Like culprits, both the Gupta and the Raizada  families stood in front of their kids.

Kushi stealthily hid behind a pillar again and looked at the happenings.

Akash looked at his parents who were busily checking out the conference room, finding it more interesting and less dangerous than their ever so calm but presently burning with anger son.

“Ma, care to tell me what you are doing here with Papa?”

Clearing her throat, Manorama Raizada looked at her son bravely, feigning innocence.

“Akash bitwa (son), don't you trust your mother? You think we followed you here to keep an eye on you? No no beta, your father wanted to take me out for lunch, it has been so many days that we had some me time, that's why we came here bitwa, once we booked our table, we came to know that surprisingly you were having your lunch date here!! What a coincidence hello hi bye bye!! Listen Mahendraji, our son is just like you!! How clever and smart is his choice!! I am so proud of you beta!”

Mahendra Singh Raizada gulped at the look his son was throwing at him.

When Akash was a small kid, if he did any mischief, one warning look from Mahendra was enough to bring him to the right path. Now, the tables have turned!! All because of his over enthusiastic over protective wife!!!

Giving a faint smile, he took hold of his silent phone and exclaimed.

“Arre , please excuse me people, I need to take this important call. Hello?!! Hello? Yes Mr. Gokhale, what? Wait, I guess there is some signal problem here, ..”

Tactfully, he escaped the questioning session and Manorama just glared at her husband who had escaped.

Payal looked at her parents and aunt with a raised brow.

Before the ladies could give any explanation, Shashi Gupta started giving his reasons.

“Payalia, I told your mother and Buaji not to follow you and keep a watch on your lunch date. But you know how adamant they are. They pulled me along with them saying that this is the first time you are coming out and having lunch with a paraya mard (unknown man) who is just a prospective groom and nothing else. We know that Akash is good man but it is our duty to keep a watch on our daughter, I did not tell this bitiya, your Buaji only..”

Ranting off the reasons without giving a break, Shashi Gupta put the entire blame on his wife and elder sister, who were currently murdering him with their accusing eyes.

When Payal looked at those two women sternly, they gulped and smiled.

“Hai re Nandhkishore, Payalia, what Shashi babua wanted to say was, we were so bored staying at home, so we thought why not go to a restaurant and have lunch. And girls of today’s zamaana (age) are so ignorant of the dangers lurking around them!! We know Akash bitwa can take care but as elders it's our duty.”

Garima kept nodding her head to whatever Buaji was saying. She had not thought of any back up plan to escape.

After a few seconds of silence, when Akash looked at his elder sister and brother in law for their explanation, Anjali was busy (acting I guess 😂🤭) checking her nails first and then her phone.