Chapter - 22

Arnav entered the store room and closed the door quietly, to have some alone time with his kabootari.

What he failed to realize, the store room door had a faulty automatic lock and once locked inside, without the device, it would be impossible to open the door.

Arnav Singh Raizada and Kushi Kumari Gupta, alone, in a store room, in a late breezy evening.

Hum tum, ek kamre mein bandh ho!!!!

*************

“Arre wah, the store room is clean. Looks like his highness loves everything to be spic and span. Chalo, at least I will not be showered in dust while going home. Now where did that office boy put   the…..”

She stilled.

Slowly, she kept her hands on her heart.

Dhak dhak dhak dhak dhak dhak

Oh no!!

He is here!!

Composing herself, she boosted her self confidence.

“No no Kushi, he might be standing outside or somewhere else in the office, that’s why your heart is dancing, why will he come inside the store room? Now finish your work and go home!! Jiji would have made yummy aloo ki sabzi with cheese naan. Yuummmy .”

As usual, she started dreaming about her favorite food, completely missing her silent admirer .

Hitting her head on the shelf, she came to reality and started searching again, while the ladder, by God’s grace, was not strong enough to withstand her weight.

Arnav stood silently, looking at his hazel lioness.

God!! He wanted to take her in his hands and keep looking into her eyes forever.

May be it was a lucky day for Arnav. The Gods were in favour of him and gave him their blessings.

The already weak ladder, owing to Kushi’s petite weight, gave away.

Flailing her hands to get hold of something so that she could balance, she gasped.

And once again, Kushi Kumari Gupta fell in the arms of her saviour, Arnav Singh Raizada.

(Are you able to hear a faint rabba ve in the background? I can imagine 😁)

Seconds, minutes, hours, days, months.

Well, not really, Arnav would have loved to have his sherni in his arms forever, but poor him, after all, he is human too, unlike Kushi's wild imagination.

He caught her in his arms like a pro. Her hands automatically caught hold of his strong shoulders for support while he held her firmly in a horizontal position.

Kushi closed her eyes, bracing herself for the fall when she felt two strong familiar arms holding her.

Her heart did a somersault and she exhaled. Her savior!!

Arnav, after so many years, thanked the Gods for such a wonderful opportunity. He held her close, looking at her scared visage with a small smile.

A gentle breeze graced the occupants, who were lost in each other's eyes.

Her dupatta, flying the air, covered them, creating a romantic halo.