june 5th

dream

are you still angry at me

sapnap

no dummy
i wasn't angry by the way
just frustrated

dream

are those not the same

sapnap

definitely not

dream

whatever you say
i'm just glad you're not angry
thank you for everything you've done for me

~~

dream was saying his goodbye's without actually saying them. he felt he was mere days away from death's doorstep, vomiting full flowers consistently, feeling almost too dizzy and weak to stand up, gasping for breath. there was nothing that dream wanted more than for it all to end; he was tired of the suffering he endured. his time was almost up.

dream's project of the recent days had been figuring out ways to discretely bid farewell to all of his friends. he didn't want to tell them he was leaving the internet yet, as he felt too many things would get spread around and something bad could happen but he wanted to show his appreciation for them all one last time. dream's final hoorah.

he began with tommy and tubbo, two boys he viewed almost as younger brothers. he was so incredibly proud of them, and he hoped they cherished that friendship for years to come. it was always enjoyable being around those kids. dream donated them $10,000 each, writing messages of encouragement with their careers and telling them that he valued and cared for them greatly. by the time he finished that, he was already in near tears.

even though dream didn't have to tell sapnap goodbye discretely, he still donated $50,000 and told him how good of a friend he was. he donated the same amount to bad, telling him that he always enjoyed his presence and the smiles he brought.

slowly, dream worked his way down the list, donating to callahan and alyssa, some of the original smp members, thanking them for being there since day one, then to newer members such as puffy and ranboo, saying how much he appreciated the positive energy and new life they brought to the server. dream's least favorite part of this all was leaving his friends; they were the best part of his life.

dream left george for last, trying to think of a perfect message. eventually, he settled with a simple message, thanking him for always being by his side and ending it with "i love you".

his friends all questioned his overly generous ways but dream shrugged if off, saying he just wanted to show his support to his amazing friends. dream was always so kind that they believed it.

~~

the hardest people to say goodbye to were his family. dream dreaded the final "i love you" that would soon be uttered, and the fact that they could only watch as he weakened pained him. like with his friends, he wanted to say his coherent, meaningful goodbye's today, while he still could think half rationally and show his full appreciation.

as always, they came over to check up on him, something they would do until his very last day. they had stopped crying while they visited, saving their tears for silent bedrooms behind locked doors where they could pour their grief into the void and hide nothing. this time was slightly different, however.

dream began with telling his family that they would inherit everything he owned. he gave his friends everything that he needed to; the rest of his money and possessions rightfully belonged to his family. they could decide what to do with it all from there. dream just wanted them to have enough to take time away from work to grieve and for them to stop pushing themselves so hard. he wanted drista to continue to grow up comfortably and have enough to go to college if she desired, or use that money towards her own passions.

dream wasn't sure what they could do with all of his possessions, but he knew that they would find some things valuable, reminding them of memories that would make them smile while simultaneously bringing tears to their eyes. dream hoped they would cherish some of his happiest belongings, but he also understood if they rid his house of everything and burned it all in a dumpster. sometimes, memories just became too bitter to be considered sweet to any extent.

before his family left, dream told them how they shaped his life. he thanked his mom for raising him with such kindness and generosity, always teaching him what was right and wrong. he thanked his dad for the constant support and encouragement with all of his interests, and for always being willing to do activities with him when he was younger. lastly, he hugged drista, thanking her for always making him laugh and being the best sister he could have imagined. dream wished he could have seen her grow up, but he knew that she would have a wonderful future even without him there.

tears were definitely shed that day at dream's soft words - they felt like goodbye's, a word the family had begun to refuse to speak. if they said "see you later", maybe it would always be true.

dream watched from the doorstep as they headed back to their car hours later, clearing his throat to make sure he could make his voice loud enough to reach them.

"you guys were the first people who i loved unconditionally. you taught me the importance of family, and for that i cannot thank you guys enough."

~~

a/n: hello all! i hope you are all enjoying the story :) this is a short chapter, but i promise things will start getting super interesting again ;) i appreciate all of ths support and would love feedback if you have any! take care of yourselves <3