may 6th

the boys worked hard all week, beginning their recordings tuesday and spending hours upon hours in calls each day. by thursday, dreams voice was shot to hell, and he started taking more of a backseat in the conversations. it was all okay though, because sapnap's excited tone carried the mood of the recordings.

dream spent a lot of time on calls outside of their recordings with bad, enjoying the boy's calmer presence. he debated inviting him to florida as well, but he didn't want to have to explain everything to bad. he felt it would hurt both parties too much, and though he trusted bad with his life, dream was worried that he would accidentally let something slip to george in his overwhelming emotions. eventually, he decided it would be easier to keep it a secret and just invite sapnap.

sapnap wanted to use his time on the trip wisely, trying to get dream to see the importance of admitting his feelings to george and saying he had hanahaki disease. even if george didn't reciprocate the feelings, sapnap didn't want dream to die feeling like he missed out on possibilites. plus, sapnap still believed there was a chance that george would learn to reciprocate the feelings. he believed george was just a more closed off person, and once he learned about dream's feelings, maybe things would change.

as for george, he was just getting more worried as the days went by. he had a terrible gut feeling, his instincts telling him something was up, but he believed it was just anxiety from the pestering that had been coming from his family as of late. as he was getting into his twenties, they were on his back more and more, asking him about girlfriends and future plans. all of this only made him want a relationship even less.

and bad was just worried for his friends, particularly george. he felt like he was watching his friend deteriorate in front of him, and he only knew a small portion of it all. he wondered if anyone else knew about george's fears but he didn't say anything. he wanted george to feel like he had someone he could always confidently talk to in private; bad knew he atleast needed someone. on top of that, he was slightly worried for dream's health; he had never gotten "allergies" this bad.

each person hoped that soon enough, their issues would be gone. dream, the root behind many of those anxieties, even if he didn't mean to be and didn't even know some of the pain he was causing, knew that those concerns would be gone and replaced with only memories of himself; it was a never ending spiral. however, sapnap was determined to be the hero of the century. his plane to florida left in a week.

~~

a/n : y'all i am so sorry for this ass angst filler chapter. i promise that the next two chapters are going to be very interesting and much longer. this day was v e r y tiring so if there are any mistakes, i sincerely apologize. i hope you guys stick around for the next few chapters, i'm excited to write them and i hope you are excited to read them!