Ch2.

📍East Harlem, New York.

"So why did they lock you up ?" Eden asked while taking another pull from the blunt they were sharing. Dave watched how she blew out the smoke. Shit was mad sexy that's what he thought.

"Shit I didn't do." He shrugged taking the blunt between his fingers.

"Dave you know you can talk to me. Ion judge." She leaned back and rested her head on her hand to look at him. It was quiet for a minute before he spoke up.

"They locked me up for murder ma." He looked down at his blunt, it was quiet again so he cleared his throat and decided to tell her everything.

"It was after Jay's funeral." He paused taking a deep breath, he felt the pain in his chest.

"I was fucked up, I felt like I was on my own. Jay was taken away, you had this whole relationship with that bum ass nigga and you were always with him. I felt fucked up so I went to the club. Got drunk and did some other shit too, popped some pills, people just gave them so I popped them. He paused and shrugged his shoulders.

"When I left the club there was this fight outside and I got into it, How? I don't even fucking remember but I woke up in a cell and got accused of murder. Apparently, one-off them niggas from the fight passed away. Everything led to me because I was the only one there who passed out because of the pills. All the other people ran away it was only me passed out and a dead body. I remember shit, Ion even know if I killed that nigga." I said leaning back against the couch.

"Dave I'm sorry that you had to feel like you were alone, I know we fell off and I know it's too late now but you can always talk to me, you know that you are just like family, my mom asked about you all the time. When she heard you went to jail she couldn't believe it." Eden told him, Dave felt like shit. He looked down, he knew in the back of his mind that Eden would always be there for him. But then he didn't, he felt alone. His demons took over and he lost himself.

"I'm sorry." His voice cracked and he chewed on his bottom lip.

"It's all good, we all got our baggage. You just need someone to talk to and I hope you know that someone is me." She said and they shared eye contact. In his eyes Eden was perfect to him, she made him feel like he mattered while everyone else didn't. They smiled at each other while staring into each other's eyes.

"Now how did your ass get out ?" She asked clapping her hands together making him chuckle.

"I got a good lawyer tho, he had some things to cover me up but I'm still on probation." He told her.

"Ooooh, so you gotta behave Mr. Brewster." She smirked at him.

"I'm always behaving." He said looking her up and down, she looked good to him.

"Who that nigga that got you looking this good ?" He asked changing the subject.

"Boy bye, this ain't for nobody." She chuckled pointing at her attire.

"Word? Not even for that bum ass hoe ?" He raised his eyebrow at her.

"Marwan ?" She asked, he nodded.

"We broke up, he cheated and I ain't disrespecting myself by getting back with him." She shrugged.

"He wrong as fuck for cheating on my Lil Shawty. I'm finna beat his ass." He was about to stand up but Eden pulled him back down next to her. Dave was a hothead.

"Sitcho ass down mister 'I always behave'." She mocked his voice from earlier and he laughed at her.

"He deserves an ass whooping tho, I saw him talking to you earlier. What he say tho ?" He asked with annoyance in his voice. He really didn't like Marwan, for one he stole Eden but even before all that he never liked him. He knew he was a pussy.