Ch18.

A month later
Eden POV
📍The Bronx.

"Bitch come on Pope keeps blowing up my phone and shit." Samira rushed me. I rolled my eyes while looking over my outfit in the mirror.

It's been a month, in the meanwhile I graduated from college and got myself a job at a big fashion company. It's not what I want to do for the rest of my life but it pays the bills.

I also moved out, being in the same house as my dad. I couldn't handle it anymore. My mom was still at the hospital, her chemo therapy lasts longer than we thought. But at the moment she's doing good, she's fighting.

Now I live in a small condo in the Bronx.

My phone went off and I rolled my eyes seing a text from Dave.

East: Hope you have a good day, I love you ❤️

He has been sending me messages like this everyday since we broke up, I haven't seen him since that day. Like at all, one time we were chilling at Pope his house just me, Samira and Pope and when Pope said Dave was outside I ran away through the backyard.

I wasn't ready, and I don't know when I will be ready. He hurt me that day, I didn't want to leave him. I needed time that doesn't mean I wanted to break up.

"He still texting you ?" Samira asked snapping me out off my thoughts.

"He is." I nodded and locked my phone.

"You know you can't ignore him forever right ?" She raised her eyebrow at me.

"I know." I nodded.

"Let's just go, before Pope is getting on my last nerves and I put a bullet in his ass." Samira said walking out my room and I chuckled. We left my condo and got in the elevator.

When we walked out my building we saw Pope sitting in his car.

"GET YALL ASSES IN THE CAR." He yelled out the window.

"Boy you acting like this yo hood, watch someone pop yo ass." Samira said while getting in the front seat. I got in the back.

"Shut up. Y'all taking years for what ? Both of y'all still looking like Donald Duck." He chuckled at his own joke. Samira smacked him in the back of his head making me laugh.

"Say that again when you eating this pussy." She pointed a finger in his face.

"Don't be putting yo hands on me Samira." Pope said. I blocked their back and forth games out and looked out the window.

We were on our way to this block party in Harlem, first I didn't want to go because I know for a fact East is gon be there. But Samira basically dragged me. Talking about "you gon have to see him eventually"

It's weird without him, ofcourse I miss him. But I know he's doing good, his daughter Kairi too. He is still visiting momma so I know all the stories, my momma met Kairi and told me that she's a sweet little girl. I believe that her daddy has this sweet side in him too.

We arrived at the block party and there were a lot of people, tables full off food off different cultures.

That's what I love about block parties, all the cultures come together and enjoy their time.

"Girl I'm about to eat." Samira rubbed her stomach.

"Shit me too." Pope did the same thing and I chuckled.

Their relationship is still going good, Pope took his time with Samira and she told me last week that they finally said the 3 words to each other. I'm happy that she's happy. She deserves it.