28

"Well, you were right," Astera took off her coat, setting it aside as she walked past Fang, "The rumours are true."

"Told ya. Took you long enough though, didn't it?" said Hagrid, putting a plate of cookies in front of Astera as well as hot cocoa.

"He isn't a regular student, Hagrid. Not like Ronald, for example," Astera said, "He's more difficult and, well... He's Draco Malfoy. Isn't that enough?"

Astera stared at the hanging artefacts in Hagrid's hut, her hand lazily petting Fang's head as he let his drool fall on Hagrid's carpet. She stared at Hagrid as he took a seat in front of her.

"True, true," Hagrid said, "Well, what you gonna do about it? Buckbeak's been getting excited about flying recently," he purposely budged her, jokingly getting a reaction out of her.

She smiled at his joke, "I'm not sure. As he said, and was right, a Patronus isn't an exam, it's a memory, a feeling," she spoke with his voice in her head, "I'll have to dig in his brain to find something."

"Read his mind, you mean?"

"Oh, no, I can't do that," she said defensively, "It isn't in my place to lurk in his head."

☆☆☆☆☆☆

"That sounds lovely, professor. Was the food any good?"

Professor Sybil walked with Astera to the Great Hall, as every person was called in today by the Headmaster. It was annual for students left behind to decorate for Christmas, to have a feast of Helga Hufflepuff's beautiful cuisine. Though the school was already decorated, there was always a tree or two for students to decorate on their own.

"Amazing, incredible," said Sybil, her wide eyes staring at Astera, feeling lucky that a student like her is interested, "It was warm too, the weather."

As Astera walked in the Great Hall with her professor, Dumbledore was already there, Hagrid as well as Flitwick, Snape and Minerva. Her eyes fell on Snape, whose eyes darted into her, almost looking into her soul. But she was focused in the boy dressed in all black, looking as if he was attending a funeral. For her, it was quite funny to see him that way, considering how Christmas was taken as a lovely and cheerful holiday.

Sybil, with a tap on Astera's shoulder, left to her seat on the table at the professors. Astera took her seat at the Ravenclaw table, waiting for Dumbledore to begin.

"Students," he began, not talking as loud as he usually did, "It is a shame not many of your classmates are here with us today, but nonetheless, I am very glad to be joined with one of the best in Slytherin and Ravenclaw. As you know, we decorate every year. This year, the two of you will decorate for your own houses. I hope you bring them joy with what you come up with."

Astera pressed her lips, slightly nodding her head. The two were shown to their trees as Astera was accompanied by professor Flitwick. With his wand, he held her options of decorations in the air, letting her pick. From her side, quiet laughter emerged and made it's way to Draco's ears, a song to him. But on his side, Snape wasn't as cheerful as Astera.

"I hope you're behaving yourself, Draco," Snape quietly said, his wand lazily holding green and silver ornaments for Draco to pick, "I'll excuse your outburst from a day ago, consider how difficult your situation is," his voiced was laced with sarcasm, bubbling Draco's anger.

"Not in your nature to hope, professor," he bitterly said, aware that Severus couldn't do anything in front of Dumbledore, "And, yes, I am behaving myself," he lied.