58

—     20 YEARS LATER...

"To class, Mister Lupin, come on!"

"Five minutes, professor!"

The woman rolled her eyes, pointing with her finger as a beautiful ring curled around it, "And take the Weasley's with you, please."

The three ran to their classroom, past their professor as she stood in the middle of the hallway, making sure students were on time. Lupin pushed the siblings inside the classroom as he ran to his own lesson. Second years were so confident that they were older now, thinking they can flank class whenever they wanted.

"Mister Potter, I think you're heading the wrong way."

The boy stopped, a disappointed look on his face as he turned to his professor, smiling to win her over, "Come on, professor, I am your favourite, aren't I?"

"Not for long, Albus."

She was one of the stern teachers but it was hard not to love her. Once the halls were cleared, she stepped inside of her classroom, closing the door and opening the windows for light. She smiled at her students, holding her wand as they stared back at her curiously. Her hair was pulled back with beautiful braids as it was long and the bottom half was curled to her lower back.

"Welcome back," she said, "Shall we begin?"

☆☆☆☆☆☆

Minerva sat down after her usual speech as Headmistress, smiling as she adjusted her robes, "I'm never getting used to this."

"You're doing amazing, Headmistress."

Minerva rolled her eyes at the woman next to her, waving her hand, "Please, you need to stop calling me that. I've known you longer than you've lived."

The women laughed, "My apologies, Minerva."

She stared at the Great Hall before her, full of students chatting, eating and laughter filling her ears. The noise felt welcoming and wasn't so annoying as she once thought it was.

"How was your first day back?" Minerva asked, eating her food as she looked at the woman beside her.

"Very well. I'm surprised they're so interested."

"Well, Astera, Astronomy was always your forte," said Minerva, "I think you'll be one of Hogwarts' best if you keep it up at this rate."

The two women quietly talked among themselves, sort of like old friends. And, in a way, they were old friends. The battle left Astera homeless though Luna had asked her to come live with her. But, she wasn't keen on being a burden to her best friend. After everything they went through, Luna couldn't understand why Astera would feel like a burden but did not pressure her for it. She was one of the people that stayed at Hogwarts during its revival. And she pretty much became the adult she is today.

She went to the Muggle world for a while before starting her job as a professor at the school, having been chased down by one of Minerva's friends and begging her to join the school. It didn't take much to convince her. After all, Hogwarts was her home. Minerva was more than glad to see a familiar face after the battle, discussing how heart wrenching and difficult it was for her to take Albus Dumbledore's place after his death and the death of a man she once considered a friend.

"You will be incredible, Astera. I believe you'll make a difference in these children's lives," Minerva would often say, as she noticed how the young Ravenclaw was always nervous before starting a lesson. But having worked here for almost two years, she managed to become more relaxed.