26

"Draco?" Astera warily called out, her heart dropping when he didn't respond, "Draco!"

Her feet moved her quickly, taking her to him as he laid motionless on the floor. She panicked, feeling lightheaded as the thought of killing him by accident occured. How was she going to explain this? Should she call someone? Was he dead?

She felt the ringing in her head intensify, like sirens of an ambulance. Bending down and placing her hands gently on either side of his face, she moved his head towards her, his grey eyes shielded by his pale eyelids. Her fingers soon turned cold and blue, the blood in her body feeling like it evaporated through her skin.

"Draco, come on," she pleaded, fanning his face with her hand. She didn't even know what kind of spell she used, much less how to fix it, "Please, look at me."

But Draco's body had gone cold and his nose was turning red. His cheeks were a subtle shade of pink, reminding her that he was alive. She hadn't killed him. An exaggerated sigh left her lips, letting her fingers run through his front hairs to keep them out of his face. Soon enough, her fingertips felt Draco's body heat pulse through her skin. He was warm again. With hesitant hands, she hooked her fingers around the buttons of his shirt, unbottoning them to let his body breathe.

When she got to his third button, Draco's hand snaked itself around her wrist, startling her and making her lock eyes with him.

"What are you doing?" he was intimidated, something Draco rarely felt. His body shuffled on the ground, sitting himself up straighter.

"I-I was just trying to help you. Are you alright?" she asked, noticing the red from his temple drip down his neck. Her finger brushed away the blood, smudging it a tad bit.

"Blimey, Lilith, you almost killed me," he said. Astera got up in front of him, taking his hand without his consent and pulling him up, "What got into you?"

She angrily sat him down on a chair, almost pushing him off it,"You did!"

Draco raised a brow, holding back his remark as he used his wand to heal himself and brush off the blood on his body. He stared at the startled and angry girl in front of him, her hair slightly disheveled. She no longer had her signature warm smile or eyes soft like cotton.

"You always have to end everything in an argument. Can't you see I'm trying to help you?" this whole time she stood in front of him, words bearing harshly into his ears as she spoke loud.

"Okay, why?" Draco, even more harshly, cut her off. He didn't trust her, not yet at least. She was suspiciously sweet and nice. He had a hunch she was playing or plotting against him. But even then, you'd be mad to go against a Malfoy.

"What?" she asked, furrowing her brows. Draco didn't repeat his question, knowing damn well she heard it clear. Astera huffed, "Because... Because I don't know!"

He twitched in his seat, feeling the uncomfortable tension between them lingering above both their heads. All he wanted to do was shove her out the way and leave. She knew that.

"I've disliked you for all the years I've known you, Malfoy. You and your friends had too much freedom given in your hands," she spoke confidently, making him question his past mistakes, "You tormented every student I have laid my eyes on. And, now you... You change. You stop."

"Shouldn't you be glad?" he said with an angry tone, moving his back from the seat and sitting closer on the edge, "Be thankful I didn't lay my eyes on you during all that, Lilith."

She scoffed, a smile full of disbelief on her face, "Well you surely did now, Malfoy, " she mocked him knowingly, aware of how he wished to tear her piece by piece, "Choose if you'll hate me or not, Draco."

She turned her back to him again, hearing him curse her under his breath. The doors revealed themselves to her, letting her leave and close behind her. Draco sat on his chair alone, yet again. His anger bubbled inside of him, making him shoot up from his chair. His wand filled with hatred and anger, rage and fury. His fingers wrapped around it tightly, flicking it and watching all the objects around him fall.

A groan left his body as he kicked a random object at his feet, not minding the slight pain it caused on his foot.
Deep down, somewhere in the void of Draco's heart, he knew he was wrong and she was right. Though, both were wrong at times. His attitude towards her provoked a side of her even she didn't know she had. It was almost funny how angry he got when she shot back. I mean, what did he expect?

Sure, the girl was full of lost love and warm looks, but she was evil and scary when crossed the wrong way. Draco feared, she might be worse than him when angry. Well, he proved his fear right tonight.