39

—      4 WEEKS LATER...

"You're joking!" the girls laughed at the Ravenclaw table, snacking on food as they wrote on their parchment.

Luna sat next to Astera whilst Elle was sat opposite, her hair pulled out of her face, yet falling down a bit. Astera was clad in her uniform whilst she traded her skirt for pants, making her more comfortable. Luna got comfortable around Elle, considering she as well didn't befriend much of the Ravenclaws herself. Astera helped her loosen up.

"I think it was about to burst as I opened it," Luna continued, speaking so innocently as the two girls laughed along to her story, making the smile on her face grow even more, "Then, It went all over the place."

"Oh, stop, my stomach hurts," Elle begged, holding her stomach while Astera agreed.

"The essay is due tomorrow, yeah?" she asked, having Luna and Elle nod, "I really don't feel like doing it."

She rested her head on her arm on the table, her fingers flicking a chocolate bean across the table towards Elle, "Oh, Astera, do you want to meet Hermione and Harry? They asked why you couldn't come last time too."

"Yeah, sure. Sorry about that time, Luna, I was just... a bit busy."

After she declined Luna's offer the first time, Luna had offered once more when she noticed how terrible Astera was and looked. Her energy had died down and everything around her seemed to grow darker and darker with each day that passed.
Luna was able to see her aura turn dark and small, something that she didn't see the first time she met her.

"That's alright," Luna smiled at Astera, calming her friend as she already started to overthink, "Let's just finish this quicker so we can go soon."

And so the three girls quieted down and continued their work, despite being bored of it and wishing to tear the parchment in pieces. Or maybe that was just Astera. She had started holding her quill a bit too tightly and her handwriting wasn't as neat as it used to be. So many things had changed after that night, but one thing was for certain; Draco wasn't getting anywhere with the cabinet.

He started to look more ill, more depressed and became angrier, more violent even. His nights were spent in the Room of Requirement where he once created memories and listened to her read and sing to him. He no longer slept in his bed, instead he slept on the couch that still had her scent linger, her touch, even her voice. Food was no longer appetizing and he merely lived off of water and air, looking worse than he did when she brought him food to his common room. If it were even possible.

People questioned him, feeling puzzled by the new Draco in front of them. He was often quiet, even when Goyle decided to throw a party for the Slytherins and brought him a drink. He drank like mad man then, finding a random girl that was to close to him to sit on his lap, to kiss his neck or grind against him. He did everything he could to forget her, but she left a piece of herself all over him and everywhere he went, she was there.

☆☆☆☆☆☆

Hermione laughed at how easily Astera was able to shut Ron up when he joked inappropriately, finding it amusing how another girl was able to put him in his place. Though, she hadn't had the chance to see her best friend as much, Hermione tried hard to put her feelings aside and enjoy the evening with her friends, and now new friend.

"See, now that's just mean," Ron said, crossing his arms like a child.

"Oh, sorry, I forgot your royalty isn't used to such honesty."