prøløgue

Opening my eyes, my bedroom was dark and it only took a matter of seconds to remember who was cuddled up against me. Strands of her blonde hair were stuck to my lips and I tried desperately to pull them away softly, careful not to wake her. The culprit of my abrupt awakening dinged again and I reached over, grabbing it.

HM: You busy tomorrow?

Despite my groggy, disgustingly tired demeanor, I smiled. My thumbs quickly typing up a response.

HS: You do realize what time it is, yes?

Before another message came in, I silenced my phone. Didn’t want my bed mate waking up as well. 

HM: You know I can’t sleep.

HS: I know. Everything good? You ok?

HM: Fine, yeah. Just plans fell through so was thinking we could do something?

I glanced over at the overly large set of Louis Vuitton luggage set by my bedroom door. 

HS: M’in the mood to thrift.

HM: Funny cause so am I.

HS: Pick you up at 12?

HM: Please .x

I smiled to myself, but it faltered.

HS: You sure you’re okay, Hal?

Chewing on my bottom lip, I worried. Nothing in her messages told me anything was off, I could just feel it.

HM: Stooooop. I’m fine, honest! Don’t be annoying.

HS: M’not annoying, brat. 

HS: Mustache or wig?

HM: Why not both?

HS: M’gonna go all out if you will.

HM: Wearing my Brazilian butt-lifting jeans and my pink wig. 

HM: Oh, and my Lennon sunnies :)

HS: Can’t forget those, now can we?

HM: Never…

I had to laugh into my pillow, thinking back to the day we’d found the yellowed sunglasses made famous by John Lennon in some sketchy little thrift shop in Ventura. 

HM: Anyway. I’ll let you sleep. Use protection you horny boy.

HS: She’s out like a rock.

HM: Well then, wank quietly .xo

HS: NIGHT.

I laughed again, placing my phone back on the bedside table. As I adjusted the covers, Nadine moaned and rolled over, wrapping her arms around my waist. I tried to get comfortable, but it was no use. I settled for the awful position I’d gotten stuck in and closed my eyes. I had odd dreams that night, but they were always odd. Always consisting of random and very strange things, but like usual, Hallie was in them…somehow, she was always in them.