twenty-seven

So....Flowers and Showers and Stuff is still in the works, if I do decide to keep it up, I wouldn't be starting it completely until this story is finished, just wanted to let you guys know. 

I do completely and entirely appreciate all the feedback, I've been super busy so I couldn't get back to you all, you know that I love interacting with you in the comment section and what not, anyway, tell me what you think is going to happen or what you want to happen in the comments below! Also, don't forget to vote! XO

º º º º º º

Harry.

So it wasn’t even an hour before Jude was set up—all too comfortably, might I add—in one of the spare bedrooms at my place. The thing was though, it wasn’t terrible because Hallie was happy. She smiled and she smiled and she kept smiling and it only made me less and less aware of everything but her. It didn’t really take us long to ditch the whole let’s go to the cinema idea, instead we spent almost the entirety of the day (and night) playing outside with Penny. Hallie was right in the sense that she seemed to pick us. She had already grown so attached, and it had only been a matter of hours. Every time I left for the bathroom she’d sit and stare at the door until I came back, every time one of us went anywhere in the house, she followed. It was certainly very cool and I found myself falling in love with her as quickly as I’d fallen in love with her mum. By the time nine o’clock rolled around, the dinner dishes had been cleared, washed and put away, teeth were brushed, Jude was locked up in his enclosure, Penny was sprawled out along the bottom of the king bed and Hallie and I were snuggled up side-by-side. “It’s been a good day.” She hummed, her fingers tickling the bare skin of my abdomen. I picked them up and kissed the tip of each one, before placing her hand back down. 

“It has, hasn’t it?”

“Mhm.” She repositioned herself so her arms were crossed over my chest. “Do you have to go back on the road?” Tucking her hair back behind her ear, I frowned. 

“You know if I could stay here—right here with you—I would.”

“I know…I just miss you so much when you go.”

“I miss you too, monkey.”

“How long will you be gone this time?” 

“Our next break isn’t until the middle of September…after the North American leg is over.”

“That’s so long!”

“I know, baby, I know.”

“That’s like, thirty days or something.” 

“I can try to fly home for one night at some point in between, but yeah. About thirty days.”

“How do Eleanor and Sophia do it, this is impossible.”

“It’s just Sophia, Lou and Eleanor broke things off.”

“Shut up!”

“I’m serious.”

“They were together for so long though!”

“I guess…I guess it just got too hard…dunno why, really. Louis doesn’t like to talk about it.”

“That just shattered my entire universe.”

“Sucks, yeah.”

“Scares me a little bit too.”

“Hey, hey…don’t think like that, baby.” I turned my body and hovered halfway over her. “We’re so good, Hallie. So, so good, my love. They were just…they were going different ways, I think after a while…it just wasn’t worth fighting for, y’know?”

“We’re on two completely different paths, Harry.” 

“Not really, no.” 

“Yeah—yes we are…”

“Do you love me?”

“I do.”

“Enough to fight for me?”

“Do you love me enough to fight for me?”

“I’m always going to fight for you. You have always been the most important aspect of my life—ever since I told you that shitty joke at the premiere. Since that day, you have been my girl, and you’re always going to be my girl. I don’t want you gettin’ that bloody thought in your head.”

“You know I hate thinking about the future.”

“I do know, yeah. But I also know that I love you, more than I’ve ever loved anyone, okay?”

“I love you too.”

“We’re not Louis and Eleanor.” She only nodded. “Repeat after me, we…”

“We”

“Are…”

“Are”

Not…”

“Not”

“Them. We’re not them, Hallie.”

“We’re not them.”

“Besides, we’ve got a big old baby now. Can’t be goin’ and endin’ things. Then there’d have to be custody battles and it would be a massive mess, I reckon.”

“Jude would go with you.”

“I don’t think so, no. I’d fight for Penny. Don’t you dare try pawning that rat off on me.”

“I think you call him a rat just to piss me off.” I kissed her jaw, and then her cheek and finally her lips.

“Ferret.”

“I love you.” Stopping, I stared into the pool of green that refused to look away. 

“I love you more than words could ever possibly describe. You’re my girl—”

“And you’re my boy…”

“Man. I’m you’re man.”

“You’re my man…”

“And we’ve got this, Mantegna.” She locked her fingers with mine as I kissed her once more.

“We’ve got this.” I knew we weren't Louis and Eleanor. I knew that I loved her with my entire being, and I was quite sure she loved me the same way. The rest of the week would pass by in a blur and then I'd go back on tour but I will still love her and she'll still love me and we'd be okay. We were going to be okay.