twenty-nine

Short and possibly awful...I apologize.

So here's the thing...that awesome time of the month for me actually only comes once every like...seven months or so and I'm currently going through it and I'm super moody and in pain and frustrated but that's why it's short cause I just want to cuddle up on the couch and watch a movie. Probably going to force my sister to watch every Fast and Furious movie. She'll thank me later.

Anyway. Enjoy the rubbish...I love you all and in case I don't say it enough, I appreciate you more than you'll ever know. Thank you.

º º º º º º

Literally the worst feeling in the world, is being sick in a hundred fücking degree weather. I couldn't breathe due to the congestion in my sinuses, my throat burned and my body continued to fluctuate between painfully freezing and agonizingly warm. Miserable was an understatement. Earlier on in the day, I had been so hot that blasting Harry's air conditioner was an absolute necessity, shortly thereafter, I was shivering underneath the covers. So now the air was off, my head was feeling like it might explode and every five minutes I was either trembling underneath the covers or trying desperately to cool down outside of them. It was six o'clock when Harry finally called. I had been waiting and waiting all day for him to tell me that he was coming home. He promised he'd come bearing lots of medicine and some chicken noodle soup, though I was fairly certain it was something like...feed a cold, starve a fever, so I didn't actually know if I should have been eating anything anyway because I wasn't sure what it was that I had. Just like he'd said, he walked in the door at 7:05 with a bag of goodies and he looked beautiful with his hair up in a silly bun and a worried frown adorning his face. "I think I'm dying." My voice was hoarse and croaky and he sat down immediately.

"Oh, baby..." He cooed as his body caused the right side of the bed to shift downwards. When he palmed my forehead, his scowl deepened. "You're burning up, my love."

"Do you have like...Vicodin or something?" Chuckling, he smoothed my unwashed hair down and examined my face.

"No hardcore pain meds, no. Let's see..." He reached over and grabbed the paper drugstore bag. "We've got...NyQuil, DayQuil, some Benadryl and Tylenol." 

"I don't know..." I groaned while he set the bag down next to him and cupped my neck.

"Where does it hurt, baby?" I motioned to my entire body. "Everywhere, huh?" He reached for the blue NyQuil bottle when I stopped him. 

"No...give me DayQuil."

"Why?"

"Because you just got home and I missed you and I don't want to lose any time."

"Oh, Hallie, I'll still be here tomorrow." His lips came in contact with my forehead and then my nose and my cheeks. "But you need to sleep now, okay? I want you to get better and that's the best thing for you right now." I just wanted to be better so I could kiss him and spend time with him but instead I'd probably be out cold by eight o'clock.

"But I don't want to sleep, I want to be with you." He handed me a bottle of ginger ale and two of the teal caplets, watching to make sure that I swallowed.

"I know, monkey. I'll be right here though. Just gonna unpack a bit, feed the dog—"

"I haven't fed Jude today." His eyebrows furrowed and he frowned heavily.

"Seriously?"

"Seriously, yeah. He's probably starving."

"Okay so I'll feed both of them—where is Penny?"

"Outside. It was nice out so, like, I didn't want her to be stuck inside with me."

"That was nice of you."

"I miss her though." 

"I'll bring her in after she eats. Do you want me to make the soup or should I wait until your tummy's a bit more stable?"

"I'm not hungry." I was hungry, but at the same time, the thought of any kind of food was nauseating.

"Alright." He stood up and the last thing I wanted was for him to leave. I wanted him to crawl underneath the covers and hold me tight and tell me things about the tour and tell me that he missed me. I didn't want him to do anything but that. "I'll just be out there, okay? Just yell if you need me, doll." Another kiss was pressed against my hairline and before I could protest further, he was walking out, disappearing from sight. I could hear his boot heels clacking against the wood floor, but even that quieted down. Within minutes, I felt my eyes droop as another icy wave overcame me. Huddling deeper inside the bedding, I allowed myself to fall away to the world, the sound of boot clacks and the distant, yet beautiful hum of Harry's voice.