thirty one

As The Vampire World crumbled to flames, we realized what we needed to find.

Order.

Humans are the agents of chaos; it saddens us to a certain extent that us, Creatures of The Night, aren't able to control our liking for Chaos. Every Society needs Order and Laws, especially a Society that's reborning from the Ashes.

Throughout the Centuries, we found it to be important to establish – and of course, begin to enforce – a number of Laws. As much as we care for our Brothers and Sisters, the Law stands above us all;

These Laws are, for obvious reasons, not written.

Valerie rolls her eyes and literally exhales in literal pain. Why is Aro so damn full of himself?

Of course he wouldn't write the rules, probably for some stupid ass reason that she couldn't understand. What did he mean by obviously they weren't written?! She was left in the dark with that chapter and she had actually spent time reading it. What a load of bullshit.

Valerie drops the book as Aro walks in. She can almost hear him and she's sure he realized what he's doing, but she soon opens another book about "The Greatest Medical Discoveries" when he looks at her.

He always carried himself with the same posture: shoulders high, smirk on his face, cloak dusting the floors on the castle. He was always happy, never mad at anything, the same stupid smile dancing on his lips. She hadn't seen him in almost two days, but she usually spent her days locked in the below floors. He surely had a lot to do with his stupid Guard and the blonde bitch – a lot of shit that she didn't care about.

'Hello dear. How are you handling this change of scenario?'

Valerie spared a glance at him, but then she went back to the discovery of Amoxicillin and kept taking notes on an ancient notebook that she had found. She had hoped for some parchment and a quill, but she wasn't in Harry Potter.

'It's been great, like a vacation.' She smiled at Aro. 'Except it's a vacation in Hell.'

Aro smiled wider.

'You have no idea how happy that makes me, my sweet girl. Now now, I need you to come with me. We have business to discuss.' Now, that was interesting; well, maybe not interesting, but surely a change in scenario. She really wanted to understand what was going on and what Aro wanted from her, but that didn't stop her from feeling a little scared about it. Valerie raised an eyebrow, but she got up as quickly as she could. If he were to kill her, she just hoped that he would do it quick – and sooner. She hated waiting. 'Come with me, my dear, and we shall meet The Guard. Don't you worry now, it's mostly talking we're going to do. At least for today.'

He walked towards the elevator and she followed him; the girl was thankful that he wasn't pulling up his vampire speed when he was with her.

'Is this about me?'

Aro smiled again, and he clicked on the button to the main floor. She raised an eyebrow.

'My dear, didn't I already tell you that there are more important things than you in this world? Than life itself?' He sighed. Valerie rolled her eyes, hoping that he wouldn't notice her, but he obviously did. 'C'mon, don't be in such a bad mood. It's going to be a very interesting meeting.'

A very interesting meeting. She couldn't help but chuckle; of course it wouldn't be a very interesting meeting. She just wanted to kill herself sometimes.