four

| TRIGGER WARNING| 

'JESUS FUCK, MY MOM is going to kill me Jess. I didn't even hit my head, what are we doing here?'

'Valerie, you fainted out of nowhere. Jasper Hale isn't even that cute for you to be fainting for him, so it must be serious.' Jessica rambled. 'Like head trauma or something like that. It doesn't hurt to get you checked up, does it?'

It actually did because she was sure she hadn't hit her head.

After the accident, people were yelling, crying and calling 911 for Valerie even though she was perfectly fine, maybe a little bothered about the wet spot on her jeans and the chance of everybody thinking that she had peed herself when she clearly just had fallen on her ass.

During all the drama, Tyler woke up suddenly and started crying, saying he was really sorry and begging for her forgiveness. She felt for him as he was the one bleeding and the one who could have gotten seriously hurt. After all, the van hadn't touched her. Nothing touched her. Nothing but-

He had held her. He had touched her so the van wouldn't crush her. Their bodies had been pressed against each other. I smell like him.

Valerie wasn't sure about many things anymore, but she was sure that Jasper Hale just about saved her life by crushing the van with his bare back and holding her against him. And the worst part was that Valerie recognized him from somewhere: she just couldn't quite put her finger on from where and that was driving her insane. Good way to meet her class partner anyway.

The ER was very busy. She was sitting on her hospital bed and the nurse had been checking her vitals and speaking to her and Jess to calm them both down. People in Forks were very nice and kind but the girl was sure that there were other people who needed assistance more than her. She really wanted to be worried about Jasper, by why would she? After all, he simply crushed a van with his bare back and proceeded to disappear like it was nothing. There wasn't any blood, no sound of crushing bones, anything. He hadn't even looked in pain after it happened.

What bothered her the most was that Jessica had definitely seen that Jasper was there, but when Valerie asked her she simply said that he was right by her side and that the van had stopped as soon as it touched the back of her car. And that wasn't true, Valerie knew it wasn't. Jasper was supposed to be dead.

Anxiety.

'Fuck, my mom's coming.' Valerie muttered, facepalming herself and proceeding to try to rip her IV off. The nurse yelped and looked shocked, not knowing she was used to hospitals and that an IV wasn't going to stop her from hiding from her mother. Hell, nothing would stop her from hiding. Maybe she could just pretend she had died. It would be better than having her mother throwing a tantrum in the hospital. Anything would be better than facing her. Maybe she could hide under the bed. 'Just get ready for-'

And there she was. Elizabeth Addams, a prestigious brain surgeon who had just gotten a new position at Forks hospital, managed to run over three nurses, two doctors and almost ten patients as she tried to reach for her daughter (who was very much alive and currently cringing). Valerie could feel the distraught and anxiety as the woman ran towards her. Elizabeth was shaking and her face was full of tears; her mother was very rational when it came to her patients but way too emotional when it messed with her family. Valerie had suffered due to this in the past. Surprisingly, she found that Dr. Cullen was right behind her mother.

Valerie's ribs hadn't been damaged by the accident butthey would be surely damaged by her mother's tight embrace.

'I'm working and I get a warning about a patient who just came in after almost being crushed by a van, they're talking about head trauma and near death experience and I just couldn't believe it was my own daughter!' Elizabeth grabbed her daughter's face between her two hands and kissed her temple. Her face got wet from her mother's tears and she felt really bad - she didn't want her mother to worry. They had suffered enough after all back in Arizona. 'Oh my god, I just can't believe this. How aren't you even hurt?'