six

| TRIGGER WARNING |

Some events may upset some viewers. Read with caution.

DOING SCHOOL WORK AT night had always been Valerie's thing. She was a night owl and she always had been one ever since she was a child; everything seemed to fall into place at night time. However, it was also at night that she used to think the most, especially about things she shouldn't ever be thinking about. But today she was busy; today there was no time for dark thoughts as she needed to finish her school work. She finished it pretty quickly as school has never been a problem to her and as she saved her essay on the computer, her phone rang. Her Whatsapp group with her group of friends was going insane.

angel

have you guys submitted your essays yet?

mikey

what essay?

jess

@vals what are you wearing for the school trip tomorrow?

prince eric

stop spamming you guys, i wanna sleep

Valerie smiled kindly. She liked her group of friends. She started addressing them as 'her friends' as she spoke about them to her mother and she finally came to the conclusion that she couldn't run away from creating bounds and ties. They were really nice, welcoming people and ties were what made her human after all. Besides, she was safe in Forks.

vals

i'm about to do it now, @angel. you just have to send it by email. @jess probably a skirt and fishnets. and my doc martens. don't even think about going on high heels! there's gonna be mud everywhere!!!

She turned her Wi-fi off as her battery was about to run out and put her phone on the charger, getting her alarm clock ready to wake her up in the morning. She should be getting ready to go to bed anyway, it was getting late. Valerie was excited for the school trip on Biology they had the next day (even though she wasn't really happy at the fact that they would have to write an essay about that as well) but she liked biology and the teacher seemed very happy about it.

Valerie opened the browser on her computer and logged in to her school email. After submitting the essay, she was about to turn off her computer when she received a new notification on her personal email. The girl raised her eyebrows. Not many people knew about her personal email and she didn't even use it anymore as she didn't talk to anyone and people these days would rather text by phone. No one really wrote emails anymore.

She logged in. It was an email from a girl named Charlotte.

She stopped breathing for a second as she opened it.

Dear Valerie,

I hope this email finds you well. I know we haven't talked in a long time and this is a weird way to contact you, but I don't have your number and you're not particularly active on social media anymore.

I moved to college and I had a bunch of things deleted from my computer. I found this, but it was very hard for me to delete, I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

I hope you find some peace and comfort from it. I thought you would want to have it.

Wish you the best. Charlotte.