twenty eight

The doors apparently opened without Aro having to touch the door knob, like any ordinary vampire would do. He liked to show off, apparently. Valerie couldn't lie; by spending time with the Cullen's she had grown to see some weird shit, but she was still expecting to see the black handle of the door slowly but surely turning to let Aro in, but that didn't happen. The door opened wide as soon as it sensed Aro's presence. He wondered if he had a special gift of opening doors with his mind or if it was some new modern technology that hadn't arrived to Forks yet, but had mysteriously arrived to the dungeons of an Italian Castle. It didn't matter; she wouldn't be sleeping that night after that anyways.

'My sweet, dear Valerie.' Aro giggled, his arms reaching towards her as he wanted to embrace her. Valerie didn't move, hoping that he wouldn't dare to touch her. 'It's a pleasure to know that you've safely arrived to your new home.' The girl breathed in deeply as she heard his words and reminded herself that she was doing this for Angela and her mother – she was doing this for the safety of those that she left behind in Forks. She decided not to answer, just staring at Aro's red eyes and pretending that she didn't want him dead. 'I hope Gianna was a good guest and that showed you around.'

'She did, thank you.' Valerie replied politely, biting her tongue in order to keep her from telling him to fuck off. Her true wish was to tell Aro to just fucking spend the rest of his eternity burning in hell.

'That's wonderful to hear, my dear!' He replied, putting his hands up in a theatrical way and then intertwining his fingers in front of his body. 'I hope you enjoy your stay; after all, you're a guest, not an enemy.'

Valerie bit back an answer once again. She wondered for how long she would be able to not reply to his stupid remarks. She wasn't a guest, she wasn't an enemy – she was a prisoner. Valerie nodded, dismissing him and not really caring about what he was saying. There was nothing she could do, nothing but accept whatever he was about to throw at her. He was expecting an answer, apparently.

'Thank you, Aro.' She ended up spitting out, her words clearly letting out her rage as well. Aro didn't stop smiling clearly not bothered by the venom in her voice.

'Now now, go change! We have a lot to do today.'

Change?

Wait, was that a stupid vampire cape in the chair?

It wasn't Halloween yet and not even in Halloween she would wear that – she wasn't one of them. She was really good at ignoring the obvious so she decided to ignore that he told her to change.

'What is there to do today?'

'Oh, nothing really, my dear. I just want to show you around and go through the basics with you. Meet me in the living room when you're ready.'

Meet me in the living room. She wanted to chuckle. If someone were to tell her that she would be meeting Aro, an ancient vampire in the living room of her dungeon located in his Italian Castle, she would have giggle the fuck off and punch that person. Yet now there she was, getting ready for the people that she hated the most in her entire life. The fucking Royalty that wanted to kill her family.

She was sure that Aro could hear her thinking, but he didn't care. He was gone and the door had closed behind him before she could blink.

Valerie sighed. She approached the chair, thinking about ripping the cape with her bare hands, when she finally saw what she was supposed to wear.