fourteen

| trigger warning | read with caution.

thank you for all your feedback x

 'What do you think about going to Port Angeles to get my clumsy ass some new knee pads?'

Jasper let out a laugh as he finished washing the car's door with the old sponge. He was helping the girl cleaning her car up on a Saturday morning. Her mother was inside resting and she had already brought them coffee and juice. Elizabeth Addams liked Jasper Hale a little too much.

A few days had gone by since he found out about the whole mate thing and he had definitely grown accustomed to it. He didn't ask Edward for insight information, he didn't ask him to intrude Valerie's mind and find out if the feelings were mutual or not. He just accepted that his mate was supposed to be a human girl that didn't know anything about the existence of vampires.

'Why Port Angeles? You didn't find anything in Forks?'

She hid a smile.

'Port Angeles has purple ones, though...'

The vampire rolled his eyes and hid an amused smile. She had a problem with purple. Her nails were currently painted purple and her hair was still the same shade of purple that it had been when she first arrived to Forks. Valerie was currently trying to get her mother to let her paint another wall of her room purple and she had been thinking of even painting her windowsill. Jasper thought about climbing her windowsill to kick James' ass and getting his jeans purple. An amazing idea.

They finished cleaning up her car and planned on going to Port Angeles after lunch. Valerie was having lunch with her mother and since it was Saturday and Jasper's father was home (a rare occurrence) he went to have lunch with his family as well. What Valerie didn't know though, was that he was going to spend his free time hunting down James.

'So...' Elizabeth Addams was never the one to hoover, but she was curious as to why she had been seeing Jasper Hale, one of the Cullen's, around so much. 'What do you think about Jasper Hale?'

Valerie Addams raised an eyebrow as she ate her rice. Well, she thinks that she's completely in love with him and that it wasn't just another stupid crush; she thinks that she would never be able to like someone as much as she liked him, but she couldn't tell her mother that.

'He's a good friend. Mike and Eric are really good to me as well.'

Her mother rolled her eyes.

'Not the point. What do you really think about him?'

Elizabeth was also never the one to be interested in her daughter's love life, but she couldn't help but feel weird about Jasper Hale. She loved him, of course; he had saved her daughter's life, he was a gentleman, very charming and very sweet, but something about him rubbed her off in the wrong way. The Doctor almost felt guilty that she thought such thing about Jasper, the wonderful, intelligent and kind boy, but maybe it was her motherly instincts speaking.

'He's a wonderful guy, mom.'

'Does he respect you?'

'Of course he does. He's wonderful. I thought you liked him.'

Elizabeth shook her head. Of course she liked the boy; this was just her being paranoid and ungrateful for her daughter having someone as nice as Jasper in her life.

'I really do, sweetie. I think he's really good to you.'

Valerie smiled.

He really was.