eleven

thank you for your comments, it's so amazing to read them i literally get EMOTIONAL lmao. thank you thank yooou xx

trigger warning. proceed with caution.

THREE HOURS LATER, JASPER Hale was back home. He parked his motorcycle in the garage and as soon as he was in the living room, he noticed he wasn't alone.

Alice.

It was awkward. He wouldn't deny that it was awkward being around Valerie and meeting his ex-wife right after, but that was how life was and that's how he would have to handle it: like a man. Alice was painting and he tried to make his presence go unnoticed so there wouldn't be any awkward moments, which obviously didn't work out.

'Have you snapped out of it or have you decided that's not what you really want?'

Jasper inhaled.

'I don't want to argue with you, Alice.'

Alice breathed in deeply. Sometimes the vampire didn't even recognize herself. She wasn't this hateful person towards anyone, let alone for the ones she loved and would die for. She loved Jasper, a lot, but loving him also meant respecting his decisions. It hurt, but she had to respect what he wanted. And he wanted the human girl, and that was it.

She had seen it in her visions, Edward had seen it in his mind and she had even seen it in bone and flesh. He didn't love her anymore.

'Jasper, I don't want to argue either.' Alice replied, breathing in and trying to control her thoughts. 'I'm sorry. It's been really hard on me dealing with everything. I lost my husband.'

Jasper exhaled. He knew Alice was hurting but he had been too busy trying to hunt down James, making sure Valerie wasn't dead and making sure that he was fed well enough to be around the girl that he didn't even think about his ex-wife who had played such an important role in his life. She was still family.

'I'm sorry too.' He muttered, still keeping his distance from the petite woman. 'I hope I can tell you why this happened one day.'

Alice chuckled sadly.

'You won't have to. But that's not why I'm here. I wanted to warn you that I had a vision.' Jasper raised an eyebrow, suddenly interested. 'She's going to die if we don't stop him, Jasper. The hunter is going to kill her and her mother.'

Just the thought of her not being on earth anymore made Jasper want to go on a human killing spree.

'Well,' He spat out angrily. 'If you even bothered to watch over-'

'It's different now, the vision changed.' Alice stubbornly replied, rolling her small eyes. 'You kill yourself in the end.'

Carlisle was sitting outside with Esme. The woman usually avoided Jasper's mood swings and let her husband handle them. Esme was usually the peaceful one when it came to calming Rosalie, Emmett and Alice down, while Carlisle always handled Edward and Jasper. When his adoptive mother saw him, she got up and got closer to him, caressing Jasper's cheek. He would usually shy away from the touch, but he closed his eyes as she touched him, accepting the gentle and caring touch. Esme had been a mother to him even though he was a grown adult. Sometimes he just felt like a child dealing with vampire emotions and he was over one hundred years old. Esme left, giving them some privacy.

'Sit down, son.' Carlisle said, making room for him in the bench. Both of them stared into the deep, silent woods.

'Did Alice tell you anything?'