Chapter 30 - Topanga and Sam Return

“You’ve totally had a double life!” Selita exclaimed, “This is fascinating to me. I love hearing it from you.”

Clementine agreed, “I love hearing about it rather than reading it.”

I laughed and shook my head.

“What’s your favorite part?” Selita agreed.

“Honestly?” I asked.

They both nodded.

I looked at Carter and he smiled. “I like the connection I have with Carter,” I smiled.

“Aww!” Selita smiled, “What’s it like? Having that connection?”

I blushed, “It’s… incredible. When you meet your soul mate you’ll always have somebody there by your side. Carter and I never want to leave each other side anymore. We’re inseparable. My mom’s even commented on it before.”

“What’s it like using magic?” Clementine asked.

“I love it!” I smiled, “I ask Carter to practice with me all the time. Rolla and Pilote said we’ll have to use it for more important things in the future so we should practice now to build our strength. The connection almost gets even deeper when we do magic with each other. Our magic is more powerful when we do it together.”

Without warning Rolla walked out from the secret room, shocking Selita and Clementine. Rolla’s eyes went wide when she saw somebody else was here.

“Sorry,” she apologized, “I just thought –“

“It’s okay,” I told her, “These are my friends Selita and Clementine. I was explaining some things to them.”

“Great,” she smiled.

I stood up, “Rolla what’s wrong?”

“I need to talk to you and Carter in the palace… now.”

“Can you give us a minute?”

She nodded.

“Wait,” I stopped her before she left, “Palace or house?”

“House.”

“Room?” I asked.

“The meeting room.”

“Okay we’ll be right there.”

“Thank you.”

“What was that?” Selita asked when Rolla left, “What’s behind that book case? Can the Queen just appear in anybody’s house?”

I laughed and shook my head, “No not at all. We built a passageway when Carter moved here so we could travel freely between this house and the palace. We weren’t ready to reveal our secret so we needed a way to get to the palace so they could teach us about our history. Certain things had to stay hidden. Do you mind if we leave?”

They shook their heads, “We should get to our house anyway. We can hang out tomorrow.”

“Great, thanks.”

            Carter took my hand and we went through the passageways to the meeting room in the chosen ones’ house. Rolla and Pilote were with Topanga and Sam in the meeting place.

“What’s going on?” Carter asked.

“Something’s wrong,” Topanga said.

“How so?” I asked.

Rolla added, “Topanga tell us. What happened in the human world?”

“They’re suspicious,” She finally said, “I don’t know how they are, but they are. They suspect that the Tigmas aren’t dead.”

“How?” Pilote asked.

Sam shrugged, “We have no idea.”

“Then how do you know they suspect?” I asked.

“Because somebody was talking about it,” he answered.

Topanga nodded, “We were getting pizza and we overheard a conversation. Apparently the news this morning talked about somebody with rare abilities committing some kind of crime in the city. He had robbed the store or something and the police saw his eyes change when they tried to catch him. Before they could arrest him the guy the guy disappeared. He used his Tigma abilities to rob a store without getting caught. It triggered their suspicions.”

“Any Tigma would know not to put themselves out there like that,” Rolla argued.

“That’s the thing,” Sam replied, “I don’t think he knew he was a Tigma. Tigmas today in the human world probably have no idea they is a whole race out there of people like them. They probably just think they’re the only ones in the world with those abilities. They have no idea where they came from. He probably either just received his abilities or he’s had them his whole life and his life situation got so bad he felt like he had no choice but to use his abilities for his own benefit.”

“If that’s the case,” Pilote said, “then we’re in big trouble. The human world is suspecting that we’re not extinct which means they’ll start coming for us. The human world has a lot of documentation about where we were. They’ll do their research fast and know where we are or at least suspect we haven’t changed places.”

“What do we do about this?” I asked.

“Okay,” Rolla stepped up taking her Queen role, “We can’t overreact. Pilote and I will activate the security cameras outside the room of rulers and keep an eye out for anything suspicious. We also have a few outside the ruins of the building so we’ll activate those too. Lily and Carter can help us too. Topanga and Sam I want you to get more information about what the humans think. Spy, investigate, and do whatever you want to call it and figure out what they think about it. Let us know whether the humans are taking it seriously or whether they think it’s just a joke. We need to know everything they know. Keep me updated. I’ll contact everybody when we can meet again to discuss what we have.”

Topanga and Sam nodded.

“We’ll get started right away,” they said and disappeared out of the room.

“Are we in trouble here?” I asked.

“We could be,” Rolla said, “but I don’t want to panic yet. It’s just one incident so far. It might not be that serious yet.”

“Rolla?”

“Yeah?”

“What do we do if they do know? What do we do if they are taking this seriously?”

She sighed, “Then we better wish the Tigmas forgive Pilote and I for keeping the secret.”

“We better wish they’re willing to fight with us,” Pilote added.

“Or?” Carter asked.

“Or we really will be extinct… metaphorically speaking for us of course.”