Chapter 50 - Epilogue

*Rolla*

            I remember going to sleep after the wedding in my bed with Pilote next to me. When I woke up everything was white and I knew Caprika and Odyss have come to me again. They haven't truly seen me in years. I stood up looking around and a smile spread across my face.

"Hello dear Rolla," Caprika smiled, "It is great to see you."

"It's great to see you too," I told them both. "It's been years. I've missed you."

"We've missed you too," Odyss replied.

"Is something wrong?"

They both shook their heads. "On the contrary," Caprika said, "Nothing is wrong which is why we are here."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You have done well Rolla. We are proud of you. Two hundreds year in the making and our people finally get the freedom they deserve. They never could have gotten this far without you."

I smiled, "I don't know about that."

"It's true," Odyss assured me. "You are the person they needed."

"I simply guided them in the right direction. The real person they needed was Lily."

"You are not giving yourself enough credit," Caprika told me. "It is the combination of the Carter Samoultes that the Tigma race needed. It was you and Pilote, Topanga and Sam, and Lily and Carter. You are the Samoulte Circle and that is what our people needed."

"Thank you," I smiled. "You have given me the greatest life I could ever ask for."

"Do not thank us. You did it by being yourself."

"This is the end isn't it?" I asked them. "This is the last time I'll see you."

They both nodded.

"I don't want it to be," I admitted.

They both smiled at me. "You do not need us anymore," Caprika said. "You needed us once but now you are strong and you are completely ready to continue on by yourself."

I nodded, "I hope so."

"You have done more for our people than we could ever hope," Odyss told me. "We know that you and Pilote will continue to be the leaders that our people need and we are certain that Lily and Carter will continue to be the protectors that our people need as well."

"We stuck by you and came to you every time you needed us," Caprika added, "but you do not need us anymore. We will still be at your side every step of the way. We are just a prayer away."

"I'll never forget what you did for me," I said. "In the last 200 years you have always been there for me. You came to me when I needed you and you came to me to give me advice during both wars I've fought in. I couldn't do any of it without you."

"You could have," Odyss nodded, "Trust us, you definitely could have."

"It is time to say goodbye now."

"What if I need advice?" I asked them.

"Then you pray like the rest of the Tigmas," they smiled.

I laughed, "That will take getting used to. Thank you. I love you."

"We love you too sweet Rolla. Continue living your life and you will succeed."

            I sat up in my bed and looked over at the clock. It's three in the morning. Pilote heard me get up and he sat up resting his hand on my back. He kissed my shoulder, "What's wrong?"

"They came to me," I said. "Caprika and Odyss came to me for the last time."

"The last time?"

I nodded, "They said I didn't need them anymore."

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah," I looked over at him with a smile, "I really am. I guess I've gone back to being like all the other Tigmas who have to pray whenever they need Caprika's and Odyss' advice."

He laughed, "Rolla there is nothing normal about you."

I kissed him, "I love you. Now that the war is over and we finally have peace I have a suggestion."

"What is that?" he smiled.

"Can we just take some time and forget for a while?"

            He never answered with words. We went back to forgetting the rest of the world. That is how we seemed to get through everything. Pilote is the only person that I need. We lock ourselves in our room and forget anything else exists. Without him I wouldn't survive everything I've been through. Maybe that's the secret all Samoultes need to figure out: lean on each other and always take time to forget that the rest of the world exists. It works for Pilote and I every time. It's gotten us this far hasn't it?