Chapter 42 - New Bond

            Everything was right again. That same day the President arrived along with the leader of the witches and the unbreakable alliance ceremony was performed right in the quad. Lots of pictures were taken and it became a celebration. All the leaders held a meeting after the ceremony and created new laws to keep the peace between all the races. The laws were posted in every major city in every major building. The laws were even announced on TV in all worlds. Murera Station opened back up immediately and Rolla thought it was only fair that Carter and I be the first Tigmas of this generation to step foot in the world above after the war. Carter and I got ready and decided to take our trip up there the next day. We stepped out of the Murera Station hand in hand and were immediately met with photographers and news crews. Rolla warned us that the humans wanted to make a big story about it. This time, we didn’t have to put on an act for anybody. This time we get to be honest.

“What does it feel like to have this new freedom? What do you think of the unbreakable alliance between the races?”

“I think it’s incredible,” I answered, “It has been a long time coming for all of us. I am thrilled to travel and get to know this world and all the humans in it.”

“Were either of you in the war? What was it like?”

“We were,” Carter replied, “War is exactly what it seems like. It is never pretty but it was necessary this time.”

“There are rumors about a large animal surfacing during the war, is any of it true?”

I laughed, “It is true, yes, but I wouldn’t call myself a large animal. They called me the secret weapon because I can transform into a black tiger. I was simply protecting my people.”

“Are your eyes always like that?”

“Yes,” I said, “But we can practice and learn to change them.”

“I learned to change mine,” Carter said changing his eyes to look human, “But it takes a lot of practice and it’s not as comfortable.”

“How many are coming to live up here?”

“We don’t know,” I answered, “That’s up to everybody individually. I think most of us want to explore and see what this world is about, but Murera will always be our home. We’ll travel and we might live up here for a while, but we’ll always want to go home.”

            We answered a few more questions before they let us go but they never stopped following us.

“This is weird,” I said to Carter.

“It is,” he agreed, “But it’s only because we’re the first to step through the Murera Station. The humans will get used to it and so will we. It’s a new bond that we have to get used to with them.”

I nodded, “Where should we go first?”

“Any place you want to see?”

“We can go back to your house up here,” I suggested, “because you still own it right?”

He nodded, “My aunt and uncle decided to keep it just in case because they didn’t want to get rid of all their things. We can go get some of my things.”

“Let’s go,” I told him, “We can walk and explore along the way.”

“On the bright side we don’t have to have two phones anymore.”

“That’s true,” I laughed, “The phone you bought me is hidden in my dresser.”

“I kept mine at the other house after I moved.”