Chapter 38 - Merged Training Sessions Number One

“Carter!” I threw a piece of popcorn at him.

He laughed setting his homework down, “I’m trying to finish my homework!”

“I’m bored,” I laughed.

“I don’t know how this subject is so easy to you.”

“Must be your human education,” I joked.

He smiled over at me, “The more you tease me the longer I will take.”

“I’m sorry! Hurry!”

He laughed, “Help me.”

I stood up and helped him with the last few questions of his homework. When he finished I fell back on his bed and continued eating popcorn like I had before. He put in my favorite movie and sat next to me stealing a few pieces of my popcorn.

“Is this much cheese really necessary?” he asked me.

I nodded, “It’s always necessary.”

He shook his head and smiled, “Of course it is. Where’s everybody else?”

I shrugged, “Who knows. I didn’t want to stay in the palace because everything is chaotic. Ever since dinner ended Topanga and Sam are running around meeting the Fauhl and Rolla and Pilote are running around the palace and the Ruhk community making sure everything’s set up. Your house is quieter. Where’s Felicity and Dennis?”

“They’re in the chosen ones’ library reading. It’s their favorite place to be. They’re fascinated with everything Tigma. They got a job too.”

“They did? Where?”

“At the school. The school system is creating a new human history course and they’ve hired my aunt and uncle to teach it. They think it’s important for Tigmas to learn about the human world because obviously everybody’s hoping we’ll win the war and be able to join it.”

I nodded, “That sounds like a great idea. Felicity and Dennis are perfect for the job.”

“They’re really excited about it too. They’ve been planning for the course almost nonstop.”

“That almost makes me want to take the course.”

“I’m sure they’ll be practicing you’re going to end up overhearing most of it,” he laughed.

I laughed with him, “Yeah that’s true.”

“We should be getting to bed because we have school and a training session tomorrow.”

            When the movie ended I said goodbye and went back to the palace to go to bed. At school the next morning I finished my work in two of my classes meaning I only had work left in four classes. I arrived at the training center a half hour earlier which worked out well because I was hoping Rolla could train me a little while before everybody else showed up.

“I don’t actually have any unique training sessions to show you this time,” she laughed, “But you’re getting a lot better. You’re a fast learner; definitely a Carter.”

I laughed, “Thanks I find it interesting.”

“We have a little less than a half hour so why don’t we try going on bars.”

“That’s my worst skill,” I groaned.

“It’s also one of the most important.”

“Why?” I asked.