Chapter 34 - Samoulte Circle

“You’ve chosen to be the chief of the army and you’ve chosen to fight with us, but now we need to know if you’re ready to accept your role as the black tiger.”

“What does that mean?” I asked. “What do I have to do to accept it?”

Rolla explained, “It means there’s a spell we need to do. We perform the spell to activate the black tiger prophecy. If you are the black tiger like we know you are then your black tiger powers will be activated and this war will officially be under way.”

Topanga and Sam walked into the meeting room, “Are we late?”

“Right on time,” Pilote told them.

“What’s happening?”

“All three of us Samoulte couples have to perform the spell,” Rolla continued explaining, “We’ll all stand in a circle holding hands and recite the spell out loud. According to the prophecy and the spell there should be a bright light that’ll force you into the middle of our circle and it’ll give you your black tiger powers.”

“Okay,” I nodded, “I’ll do it.”

Rolla handed us a slip of paper, “Quickly memorize this spell and be ready to recite it.”

            Carter and I scanned the spell quickly before standing up with the others. We joined hands so we were standing in a circle in the middle of the room. We all closed our eyes and at the count of ten recited the spell over and over again. At first nothing happened. We recited the spell three times before a light flashed in our eyes causing all of us to open our eyes. I am the black tiger. This is real. The light forced me to let go of Rolla and Carter’s hands and it lifted me above the ground in the middle of the circle exactly like Rolla said. My eyes itched but I couldn’t move my body. I felt them change. I could see even better than I could before. I felt my feet hit the ground again as the light dimmed until it was gone. My eye sight returned to normal as I looked around at the others.

“It worked right?” I asked.

They all nodded.

“That was… incredible,” Rolla said.

“What?” I asked.

Carter answered, “Lily your eyes changed. They turned completely black. Did you feel anything?”

“A little,” I nodded, “I could feel my eyes changing but I didn’t have control of my body. They’re back to normal now aren’t they?”

“Yeah,” Carter said, “They look like they did before.”

“The black tiger prophecy is activated,” Topanga said, “After all these years I can’t believe our time has come. My parents would be proud.”

“Bless Caprika and Odyss,” Rolla smiled. “Our black tiger is here.”

“I think I’m getting a headache,” I admitted.

“It’s your new powers coming in,” Rolla explained, “Your body has to get used to them and make room for them in your brain.”

“Let’s get you to rest,” Carter said.

I nodded, “It’s getting worse.”

“Where do you want to go?” he asked me.

“Your house.”

Carter picked me up, “Close your eyes Lil, give your eyes a break. I’ll take you to my house.”

“You should stay at the palace,” Rolla said, “So we can keep an eye on you.”

“My aunt and uncle will be my house,” Carter said, “She’ll be fine.”