Chapter 15 - Hundreds Of Worlds Like This

Chapter 15 - Hundreds of Worlds Like This

“What happened?!” Brittany ran over to my house the next morning as I was getting ready.

I laughed and continued making breakfast as I explained, “You saw my mom leave didn’t you?”

She immediately nodded.

“My weekend was incredible! Carter gave me a tour of the city, bought me clothes, bought me a phone, and I heard all about the history of the Tigmas and Murera.”

“Seriously?! I want one!” she whined. “Details!”

“Where do you want me to start?”

“The tour of the city,” she answered.

“Okay, so after I met Carter’s aunt and uncle he took me on a tour of the city. This place is filled with lights and technology we have never even seen before. You would not believe it.”

I pulled out my phone and showed her a few pictures.

“Is this place even real?” she exclaimed.

I nodded, “The stores are incredible too. He took me to this store to get clothes so I wouldn’t stand out too much and they’re style is so different from ours here. I even met this girl who helped me pick out some clothes. They even have these coffee shops that sell dozens of different kinds of coffee.”

“Oh my God, I wanna go! What happened next?”

“We went back to his house and he told me everything he knew about the history of the Tigmas and Murera. His aunt and uncle knew a lot too so they told me a few things. The rest of the weekend he took me on dates in different places in the city.”

“Like where?”

I smiled, “A carnival, the movies, and to dinner. The rest of the weekend we hung out in his house talking, taking pictures with each other, and practicing our Tigma powers.”

“You had a perfect weekend,” she smiled.

I nodded, “I really did. He bought me a phone too so we can text and video chat with each other. It doesn’t look that different from our phones here but I really can’t show many people.”

“This one?” she asked pointing to the phone that she was looking at pictures with.

I nodded, “I figured I better take pictures of the city with the phone from there so nobody would look at my phone and catch those pictures. I have pictures on my other phone of Carter and I though. The pictures on my Murera phone are of Carter and me in front of a blank wall. The pictures on that phone are of us around the city.”

She handed me my phone back and I put it in my backpack as we left my house and started walking to school. I handed her my phone and she looked through the other pictures of us.

“What did your mom say?” she asked.

“She wants to have dinner with Carter to formally meet him and then she gave me a talk about love and boyfriends.”

“Seriously?”

I nodded, “She wanted to double check that it wasn’t another one of my jokes.”

“Wow.”

We made it to the school and unfortunately Mike was the first person to approach us.

“I heard you spent the weekend with your boyfriend.”

“Yes and I don’t want to argue,” I told him.

“Can I talk to her alone?” Mike asked Brittany.