Chapter 17 - Two Sets of Samoultes

“What I’m guessing here is that both of you know the basic history of Murera and the Tigmas, but you don’t know a lot about soulmates, the Samoulte, or the chosen ones. Am I correct?”

Carter and I both nodded.

“Okay,” Rolla took a deep breath, “I guess I’ll start from the beginning. There was a prophecy made millions of years ago about the chosen ones and the war 200 years ago. The only problem with the war I fought in is that we missed something. Hidden in a book in my father’s study was something we never saw. My parents didn’t even see it until after the war.”

“What did it say?” Carter asked.

“The chosen ones were meant to bring peace to the Tigmas, Silthra, and humans but only for a short while. The book said there must be a black tiger. The black tiger is the key to the real rebellion. The real war that finally brings us peace once and for all.”

“We don’t know who the black tiger is,” Pilote said, “but we’ve been waiting.”

“How do you tell if someone is the black tiger?”

Rolla pulled out an old parchment and spread it across the table, “The black tiger is a girl around our age that looks like this. Short blonde hair.”

“Oh my God,” I laughed and looked at Carter.

He laughed too when he saw the picture.

“What’s so funny?” Rolla asked.

“That’s me!”

“I know,” Rolla replied, “I was surprised by the resemblance but it can’t be you. The black tiger has to have short blonde hair.”

“No,” I interrupted her, “I used to have hair like that. It’s a wig. I wanted to color my hair but was too scared to so I bought a blonde wig. I wore it for a long time until my mom found out it was a wig and forbade me from wearing it. Now I only wear it once and a while when I want to.”

“You’re the black tiger,” Pilote looked over at Rolla.

I shrugged, “What does that even mean?”

“You have fire inside you,” Rolla replied. “You have just enough kindness, patience, generosity, strength, and courage; it is the perfect combination. I had the fight inside me with a little kindness, but absolutely no patience. My sister lacked the strength and courage. The black tiger gets angry and has a fight inside her without being too mean. She keeps a clear head no matter what.”

“Rolla and I had a problem with that,” Pilote added, “Because in the war we had a hard time concentrating when all of our friends were dying. It took practice and we had to mentally prepare ourselves for weeks to be ready for that.”

“But you already have it inside you,” Rolla finished.

I shook my head, “How can I possibly be the answer to your problems? I only came here to see if you would help us with a situation with the police.”

“We’ll help you if you help us,” Rolla proposed.

“Have you been waiting around for 200 years waiting just to see who this black tiger is?”

Rolla quickly answered, “We’ve had nothing else to do. We’ve studied and studied every single book about the Tigmas that exist. We’ve ready every single prophecy from our ancestors and we’ve received help from the witches. We have all the knowledge now all we need is you to finish the job for us.”

“I want to be knowledgeable first,” I explained, “I don’t want to start making a plan if I barely know any of my history. Teach me. Let me read and study all of the books you have studied so I can know everything that you know. Teach me about the Samoulte and the powers I possess because I have no idea how to control them. Take it one step at a time. Later on down the road I promise to help get the Tigmas our freedom and peace.”