Chapter 14 - Who Is Rolla Carter?

“Now that I know you’ve been hiding things from me I want to know everything. Tell me everything you know about Murera and the Tigma race.”

“Everything?” Carter asked.

I nodded, “Everything. You’ve been purposely hiding it from me and I want to hear it from you not from your family or anybody else. Tell me.”

He sighed, “Okay. First of all, I’m sorry for lying to you. I honestly didn’t tell you because I didn’t want to overwhelm you with a lot of information at once. I guessed that the world was down here and I was shocked that you had no idea this world existed. I was still processing.”

“How did we get stuck down there in the first place?”

“Hundreds, maybe thousands, of years ago the humans tried to kill the other races. All the races went into hiding. The other races are fine with being hidden, mostly. The Tigmas couldn’t handle being in hiding. When the war happened, before they went in hiding, they sent ten of their children into this world. There was an old prophecy that told them to do this. The prophecy told of nine chosen ones who would fight the Tigmas for their freedom. These chosen ones were the key to our freedom. So these chosen ones grew up in this world with adopted parents. They did have a book about their history so they could grow up knowing they weren’t human, but that was about it. Most of them grew up knowing they had to train and get ready to be reunited with their real families.”

“Most of them?” I questioned.

He nodded, “Rolla didn’t know, or at least that’s what I’ve heard. Her adopted parents were working for the other races to destroy it. She didn’t find her book and learn about the Tigmas until after she already found her soul mate. When she found Pilote he told her what she needed to know.”

“Okay,” I nodded, “continue.”

“Anyway, Rolla and Pilote helped reunite the Chosen Ones and find Murera.”

“Wait, Murera has been there THAT long?!”

He nodded, “Once the chosen ones found each other and Murera it was up to them to train and plan the entire war. Not even the King and Queen, Rolla’s parents, had much say in it. The prophecy told them to give all the power to the chosen ones.”

“Wow. What else?”

“They won the war, or at least they thought they did. They lived happily for over a hundred years. The building above Murera that we walked out of, that used to be a lot nicer than it is now. It also used to be the Murera Station.”

“Murera Station?”

“The Murera Station was the place people could go to if they wanted to visit Murera. They didn’t want Murera to get overcrowded with curious humans because many of the Tigmas still wanted to live there. The station kept track that not too many humans were there at one time. The Tigmas also had to go through the station if they wanted to visit the human world. It was basically a safety precaution.”

“What happened after a hundred years?”

“The humans couldn’t handle it anymore. The rebellion rose up again and fought against the Tigmas. From what my aunt and uncle have told me, and what they told you, was that Rolla and Pilote were scared. They didn’t want the Tigmas to go existed so they created the spell to make everybody forget. Murera disappeared and the Tigmas forgot this world existed. That Murera Station became just another abandoned building.”

“That’s so sad. Do you think Rolla and Pilote still live in that gold palace? Do you think they can visit this world whenever they want?”

Carter nodded, “It makes sense if they do. As King and Queen they still have to protect their people. If they don’t visit this world how are they supposed to know if their secret is still a secret? The spell only worked on the Tigmas. The humans figured the Tigmas finally went extinct or left them along like they wanted them to. They stopped the fighting because they didn’t have anyone to fight anymore.”